Favourite Beaches

So just for fun what is your favourite beach or beaches if you have more than one favourite in the world? :desert_island::sunny::tropical_fish:

I have too many favourites so I’m thinking on this one!! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

For me it’s Nazaret, Portugal. I love the fact the waves reach over 100’ in the winter.

4 Likes

@Debbie-L the waves are just incredible! :ocean:

3 Likes

Seven Mile Beach in Negril, Jamaica. We prefer beaches with calm and crystal clear water.

7 Likes

@gchampagne Beautiful! :heart:

1 Like

Cannon Beach OR … Just one, there are more, many more :wink:

9 Likes

We were stopped by the Navy from going into the harbour. They were still searching for bodies from an overturned fishing boat. The waves had been over 100 foot the night before.

1 Like

Great topic. There are so many to choose from and for different reasons.
The first is the main beach on Barbados. Reason is, after 13 days at sea it was such a welcome sight.

Second is Exuma Cay, Bahamas. Iconic beach for long distance sailors

My all time favourite. Orange Creek, Cat Island. That’s all you need to know. The rest is classified

And of course my home town, 12 miles of sand, Bournemouth Beach. Even in the winter it’s a beautiful place to walk and contemplate

e

7 Likes

I’ve spent the last six months exploring beaches in Florida and Southern California. My research is not complete :smile: but here’s a pic from La Jolla last month.
[Uploading: kayaks at La Jolla.

5 Likes

Those Oregon beaches are really great. Someday I’ll go to “The Goonies” beach.

I have good memories of a particular beach in Hawaii. But it’s probably not what you think. Here’s a day pic:

My mom and I were on a cruise, and honestly I’d have to look up which island that is and what beach. That must say something about me, but I’m not sure what. :rofl: I recall it’s right next to a hotel.

Here’s my mom there:

I’m a night owl. At some point, I get off the ship and walk back to the beach, where there’s no one, and I can sit and listen to the waves, which normally would bore me after 10 minutes:

Except, I brought my Nintendo Switch! And I was playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which is basically the greatest game ever. (Until the sequel comes out, in two weeks.)

So I played Zelda at night on the beach until my batteries ran out, then I walked back to the ship.

Best vacation ever! :joy:

8 Likes

@ElsieDownie yes definitely a welcome sight after 13 days at sea! We have just been asked by a friend to sail around the Malaysian coastline with him which could be fun. Hubby loves sailing!

3 Likes

@jcvbva ahh yes love La Jolla :heart::sunny:

1 Like

@jcvbva I LOVE La Jolla! I was born and raised in San Diego and grew up just 15 minutes from this beach. My mom would take my siblings and I to this beach almost every day in the summer. I have some of the best childhood memories because of this beach. It will always have a special place in my heart. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Do it and post lots of pictures. I’d love to see that area, it’s in my list.

Our last booked sit is in San Diego in October. Looking forward to it. Have to pass on things to do and see.

2 Likes

Well… there are SO many beaches! For may years my favourite beach was the one in front of my maternal grandparents summerhouse in Northern Sealand Denmark. Yes, Denmark. However I also LOVE the little beach that sits on our island in a lake in Sweden. Yes Sweden. I don’t have any photos of the beach in Sweden

This dosen’t look all that appealing, it was an emotional connection, that’s no longer there. The image is the beach in Denmark.

I did love the beaches in The Dominican Republic. Don’t have access to those photos either… unfortunately.

6 Likes

I think it is beautiful!

2 Likes

I was just in Holbox Island last Feb/March and it was perhaps one of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever been to, specially by the sandbanks.

holbox2

8 Likes

Congrats on the San Diego sit @ElsieDownie !!! Where in San Diego will you be? There is sooooo much to see and do here. Let me know if you need any recommendations. And be sure to follow the forum, we announce our monthly San Diego meetups here. It would be a great opportunity for you to meet other THS members and explore different parts of San Diego. This past Sunday we had a meetup celebrating National Adopt A Shelter Pet Day, and in a couple weeks we have another San Diego meetup celebrating National Dog Mom Day!

3 Likes

Boracay Island, Philippines. Heavenly!

2 Likes