Feedback/Review Etiquette

Hi
What is the etiquette for leaving feedback/reviews, who goes first - the HO or the sitter?

1 Like

As a sitter I prefer the home owner to go first but if the sit has been extra special then I’m usually excited to go first.
Either way I don’t think it matters

2 Likes

great, thanks for your thoughts @Crazydoglady

Interesting question @SchindlersOnTour.
Will the feedback be different after the review if it is honest feedback? or vice versa.
It’s a dance, lead the way. :heartbeat:

4 Likes

Not on my part. Love the dance analogy @Amparo , thank you.

1 Like

We’ve never had a bad sit, nor expected a bad review, so we always do ours right away. Not sure what I’d do if I had something negative to say. I’m still hoping we move to an Airbnb style - you have a month to get it done but it’s not posted until both are done, or the month is up.

3 Likes

I have done it both ways but after finding some homeowners can be a little slow in getting to their reviews I have been holding mine back till they post theirs.

1 Like

Only on a couple of occasions have I given feedback before receiving a review. What can happen is the owner then replies directly underneath the feedback you have given. This then results in it showing on THEIR listing’s feedback and not on your’s! So then you have to ask them to copy and paste it in the correct review dropdown box. For this reason, I usually send a request through the THS channel so that owners can then respond in the correct section.

2 Likes

Never thought about it.
I review when I remember and when I have the time. If the pet owner does it first well and good, if it’s me first no problem. Does it matter?

Lie you @Kelownagurl all our sits have been great so far and we have only positive things to say!

1 Like

Thanks @Kootenaigirl Its good to know there is no right or wrong way.

Not sure what that means?

(Hoping it was mean to be “like you” not “lie you”. Just realized that. :slight_smile:

Thanks @temba , that’s good to know.

Through an oversight we didn’t send any feedback for our first sit, but did receive a positive review. Since then we have had no problems, either us or the HO has done their feedback/reviews first and after a couple of days I will send the reminder on the THS website to jog HOs memories.
However, the HO of our latest sit is insisting that we do our feedback first before they will do a review and has sent me several emails demanding that I do this. I do not understand the rationale for this other than they might want to check that we are not saying anything negative in our feedback. We are now at an impasse and neither has sent a review or feedback and it is leaving a nasty feeling regarding the sit.
Some advice would be welcome.

@JudeLough I’m sorry to hear this. We’ve been sitting almost 10 years and I’ve never had this happen, so can’t advise from experience. It does sound quite unusual and I wonder if they’ve had many prior reviews or are new to the platform and suffering insecurity around reviews. Either way I’m tagging @Therese who will be able to give you the best advice on how to progress with this. All the best with this.

1 Like

Hi @JudeLough I will email you from our membership services. Kind regards Therese

1 Like

The owner sounds very insecure. Demanding feedback is not the usual way. I’d politely walk away from that situation.