Filters on searches

Hi!

After having a sit cancelled, I’ve desperately been searching for new sitters. I’ve filtered for people experienced with dogs, travelling with partner ( we have two dogs, so makes it easier), prefer mature sitters and available for our dates.

I’ve had a few responses where sitters have said they are already sitting. Some definitely haven’t updated their availability, others have. I don’t want to waste sitters or my time, if they are already booked. Is this something that others have had problems with? Any advice on best way to do this?

It’s really hard to find sitters ready and willing to come to your area through a search, even with filters! You need to repost your dates as a new sit, and if you have 7 days or less, you can post it as a "last minute sits. Last Minute Sits - New Category

Have already posted as a new sit. Will wait a few more days and then do it again. Have great reviews from previous sitters, but I guess that although we have an easy to manage home in a historic city, the weather might not appeal to sun lovers :wink:

Hi @Jillbow, at least you have time to re-advertise where it’s not until Feb when you need sitters. I also see you have 1 applicant. It is labelled Low Applications though. If the applicant isn’t suitable and you decline them, remove your dates then put them back in and this should then make it a New listing.

2 Likes

Hi @Jillbow - sorry to hear about the cancellation. If it wasn’t for a valid reason you should report it to Membership Services.

On a positive note you do have plenty of time to secure another sitter.

Unfortunately many sitters do not update their calendars as it is so complicated and clunky. It doesn’t help that there is no key/legend to explain what the different colours mean. Something we have been requesting for quite a while.

1 Like

It’s a really nice listing with great reviews and very clear responsibilities @Jillbow - good job! You have plenty of time to find some great sitters. If it was me I’d swap the first photo to either a close up of the dogs or one of stunning Durham would be my only minor tweak. Took me a while to see they were on the lawn on the cover photo. Good luck :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

@Jillbow it’s a beautiful listing and your dogs look so sweet. I have no doubt a suitable sitter will come through, keep faith. It’s also a long sit, which is often more attractive.

1 Like