Find a Sitter Nearby?

Is there a search method to member sitters nearby for shorter stays? Thank you.

Have you tried the Search function? When I go to Search in the app it automatically brings up sitters nearby. If not, just enter your location.

1 Like

And on the web interface it is at the top: “Find a pet sitter”.

Then a search box “Search sitters by location”.

But it is not very likely to work. It is not what THS members are typically looking for. You should have more success with Rover etc.

2 Likes

You’re welcome to send invites, but just know that they often have a low success rate, as sitters nearby are usually looking for non-local sits and most sitters don’t have an accurate availability calendar (the calendars are difficult to use). Often the most successful way to secure a sitter is to have a really attractive listing that gains applicants. Applicants are the sitters who are interested & available to sit for you. Most sitters seek longer sits, but some do look for short local sits to build up their reviews when starting out or when looking for a short gap to fill between 2 longer sits. Here is a blog you can check out to make sure your listing is attractive as possible and gains applicants. Good luck & hope that helps!

2 Likes

Thank you for your input. I did find something when I put in a larger town near us.

2 Likes