Forum features

New categories for

“Sitter cancelled/showed late/left early.”

“Home host cancelled/changed dates/changed responsibilities.”

And

Add an emoji that shows “half” liked. There is only a :+1: but I don’t always agree with a post’s full contents.
Maybe a circle half full…?

And if :+1: is an option then :-1: should be as well.

And :pensive:, as some posts are not :laughing: or :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks

Are these suggestions of yours or are you telling us they’re now features? You haven’t made that clear

Suggestions for the forum

Hello @HelloOutThere

I have just seen this! What a lovely idea to share some suggestions for what you would like to see on the forum.

I think with the categories they are more of an umbrella for members to post under, so I’m not sure we will be able to add such specific categories as it may get too confusing with too many categories, but you are welcome to start new topics about these as much as you like and then members can use the spyglass if it is something they are interested in.

Interesting idea about the half liked idea!
It might be quite hard just using an emoji to share with the poster which part of their comment you agreed with and which part you you did not agree with- any more ideas around how we could show this would be interesting.

We are always happy to explore and I will check out the emoji options on Discourse.

I did check for a hug icon that was not so cheery and showed more sympathy as previously requested by the forum, but that was the only hug one available on Discourse.

Leave it with me and the team will have a look at some of your suggestions.

Thank you :smiling_face: