Upcoming Forum Evolution & Changes

Now that the first beta testing end is in sight and a larger batch of invitees will be joining soon, does anyone have questions about the transition?

(Be honest, you would be surprised if I didn’t have any, right? :rofl:)

Technically then, @Angela & @Ben - hopefully you can follow this thread to see people’s questions?

• What are your plans for all the existing threads? Will they be wiped for a clean slate for the incomers?*

• Have you decided on changing any of the categories?*

Happy Sunday everyone :hugs:

@Saltrams Good topic and question. I personally think the categories are good and that all posts should be left as is.

Is there any mileage in somehow making any of the categories location-specific? or Sitters(UK) and Sitters(France) etc.

1 Like

Whilst the regional idea is good for those of us with tidy minds, it would make too many options; I already have to decide where best to put some of my musings…

1 Like

@Saltrams You’re probably right, it’s pretty confusing where to go on forums sometimes and where to post. Just thought that a lot of issues are perhaps location specific.

1 Like

@Saltrams @Provence @Jon-JWalking you should have received an email requesting the completion of a user survey, once we have this feedback we will look at actioning any improvements, changes etc in house before inviting additional users.

1 Like

@Angela_L Completed the feedback but generally really like the layout and feel of the forum. It needs to be a place where all users feel comfortable to post and reply, preferably short and to the point. Over long posts drive users away.

3 Likes

Thank you and for your wonderful contributions over the past couple of weeks during the test. Having an informative and enjoyable Forum where all of our community feel enabled to connect is the ultimate goal @Jon-JWalking

1 Like

Not had much experience of forums prior to this but some content feels more like blog material. Bouncing quick fire chit, chat, questions and thoughts was more how I thought it would be. Feel overwhelmed!!

4 Likes

I’m sad you feel overwhelmed but I do see what you mean (I think!)
It would be good to see the blog-type stories to which you refer either kept to the blog or to a specific category in the forum. And ironically I agree totally that posts should be kept short & to the point (although I’m a prime suspect when it comes to sabotaging that principle).
Maybe, because this is a test, there had been rather more white noise than there would be on a live forum. Also, if like me you haven’t yet shut off the emails for every post it can seem very intrusive.
I do hope you stick with it; remember it isn’t demanding your attention, you are in control & just dip in as much as you feel comfortable.
Hope to see you (virtually) on the live forum :hugs:

2 Likes

@Provence @Jon-JWalking @Saltrams thank you all for your participation.

Your contributions, engagement and activity were purposeful and provided valuable insight and to clarify, for the purpose of this test, all moderator and staff interaction was deliberately kept to a minimum.

The task now is analyse feedback and adjust, modify and change accordingly.

Thank you again.

1 Like

@Angela_L You’re more than welcome, really enjoyed it.

1 Like