Forum Newbie

Great advice. Thanks so much. Yes, I almost always eat healthier if I prep my own food, so love the farmers’ markets!

1 Like

Hi
My daughter and I are going to Portugal. Please tell me more about a global phone. Where to buy? How do they work?
Thanks in advance

I Just hope you all @Julie_A @Petloves will all be coming to San Diego soon so we can chat travel in person! Man, how I miss talking travel with like minded people…even if I’m not going traveling anytime soon. I’ve been to 52ish countries (depending on which ones you count) and still feel like I have SOOO much to see. Iceland, Scotland and Ireland have been top of my list now for nearly five years…I just can’t manage to get a sit there that will take a toddler. Can’t blame em’ - toddlers are rough on houses :rofl:

1 Like

Ahhhh…,San Diego and pets……dynamic duo for pet sitting! Hope we get to meet this spring @Kelly

3 Likes

Hi @huttpl I am sure @Georgetownpets will provide you with the info regarding a global phone, but in the meantime, here is a thread that may interest you.

@Kelly We would absolutely love this, I know I could certainly talk travel all day! :sweat_smile: and it is certainly our intention to head to San Diego sometime soon… will be fun and we can give you tips for Iceland, Scotland and Ireland! … and I really hope you manage to secure a sit there soon. :crossed_fingers:t2::blush:

2 Likes

Thank you. I have always been confused on this topic. I searched the archive but couldnt find much. I did learn on my 1st trip to the UK to download maps to my phone. The GPS ate up my purchased time in 30 minutes!

Mine is a Google phone. They come from Project Fi. The phones are not cheap, but they work all over the world. Literally, when the plane lands in Japan, or India, or Europe, or wherever I just turn it on and it works… no sim card, no special plan, no extra fees. Google Fi - A Simple, Wireless Phone Plan With Unlimited Data

The catch is that the phones are expensive, but you pay less each month for service because you only pay for data used, and it isn’t higher in another country than it is at home. Google has agreements with providers worldwide.

Another catch is that it is not exactly an Android, but certainly not an iPhone either, so sometimes apps work less well, but that hasn’t happened very often. Basically it performs like an Android.

Every month I get a bill only for the data used, so during the pandemic when I was home a lot more than usual, my bills dropped to about $50 a month. They are usually around $90 because I’m out and about and not on wifi as much.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

@Samox24 yes come visit us in San Diego!

1 Like

@Kelly i totally agree! I’ve been to over 50 countries, but I feel like there is still sooooooo much to see! And so little time :crazy_face:

1 Like

@Julie_A most definitely… we love San Diego! :heart::blush: … plus it’s a great excuse to drive to Julian afterwards to get my fix of apple pie! :green_apple::pie::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yesssss love me some Julian Pie!!!

3 Likes