Newbie here from California

Hi! I’m new and a bit nervous. I am a very proud fur momma who loves to travel. Yet, leaving my small dog Bandit is tough for both my husband and I. That’s why I joined TrustedHousesitters. I’m a 60 year old woman from Novato, California. Located close to both wine country and San Francisco. I’m planning a three week vacation to Europe next year. Thought I’d start early in finding a pet/house sitter.

5 Likes

Hello @ValerieH and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

It’s completely understandable to feel this way about our beloved pets when leaving them behind but I am sure you will find the perfect sitter/s to take care of Bandit for you whilst you are away. :dog::blush:

If you are a member of TrustedHousesitters you can link your THS profile listing on to your listing on here by following the attached link, should you wish. This will enable others on here to provide helpful advice and feedback for you and will also give your listing more exposure.

If you are unsure about how to do this or have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Whereabouts in Europe will you be travelling to?

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it. We’ll be going to London, then onto Scotland and Ireland. I’ve got family in Glasgow, I’d love to see again. This is such a wonderful site, what a great way to see the world while watching these beautiful fur babies from around the world.

5 Likes

Hi, we were nervous too when we started but it does get easier. I saw your post as although I now live in Spain with my husband, I lived in No Cal for 22 years and I miss it so much. It was home so California posts always catch my eye. I’d like to take my husband to California to show him about. I hope you have an awesome day! Deb

2 Likes

@Debandbee: I’m also from NorCal (Sacramento) though I now live in East Texas. No place like one’s hometown.

@ValerieH: Welcome to TH! Novato’s wonderful. I have a cousin there (the Sekishiros). Did you ever go to the Space Station Museum? I met the owners when I was in Prague of all places, and I’m glad I took the time to visit their museum in Novato as it looks to be permanently closed.

@Samox24’s suggestion is really good: If you add your listing link, then we can all check it out and give more feedback.

If you want more detailed instructions for adding your listing link, I recently updated that topic for PPs: How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile - #49 by geoff.hom

1 Like

Hi @ValerieH , I would like to add if you want to sit in the UK, you have hit the jackpot here. I’m also an American in love with the UK. There are a wealth of wonderful sits there since THS is a UK complany, public transport is fantastic (when they’re not on strike :wink:), and oh, the gardens! And they sure love their animals! Enjoy!!

4 Likes

Thank you, what a dream that would be! To sit with animals in the UK? Life goals!

3 Likes

Living in Spain sounds like a dream! Thank you for reaching out. I really love this community. Again, how could you go wrong with those who love animals and travel?

Take care!