Free App for Dog Parks & Dog friendly spaces

I’ve just read about this useful app on FB by the co-owner. It’s called DogPack & here’s what he says:

“I want to introduce you to the dog app that I launched that I think can really benefit the community that you have built.
My app includes a detailed map of almost every dog park and dog friendly area in Australia and around the globe (if one is missing you can suggest it in app!). There is also a “check-in” feature to see who’s at the park before going, a social network, a lost & found section and more! The app is listed on both the Apple and Google store and is called “DogPack”……It’s free, and you are rewarded with all kinds of Gift cards, coupons and raffle tickets just for using it.
Referral code: WRXZWJOK will get you 500 Treats which are redeemable in our store.
Thanks,
Aryeh
Co-founder of DogPack”

The app covers Australia, New Zealand, US, Canada, UK, Ireland and many more countries.
I’ve checked it out and you have to put in your dog’s name & details but, as I’m a sitter currently housesitting in Australia, I’ll put in the name of one of my favourite canine charges.

4 Likes

Really helpful to know about this! I recently heard about this from a friend at our dog park and from what i’ve read on their site they are in several countries. Here’s an excerpt:

Our dog park finder is complete and accurate, comprising 17,000+ off-leash areas across the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Croatia, Italy, Sweden, and more. When searching where to bring your pup to get rid of their abundance of energy, you can see exactly how many and which dogs are at the park. In addition, dog parks can be rated and reviewed, so you know what to expect before you bring fido to the park.

Here’s a sample of what it looks like for me. I could see this being very helpful to sitters and to homeowners.

2 Likes

Because I road trip extensively, I use an app called iExit. It tells you where all sorts of stuff is as you’re driving, so you don’t need to venture far from a freeway or such as you’re on the way to places. It covers major roadways.

It identifies for instance where gas stations, restaurants, coffee, hotels, dog parks, etc., are located, with accompanying info as applicable, like phone numbers, links to Yelp ratings, etc.

My husband and I’ve found the app super helpful, because we road trip with our dog in the U.S. It’s supposed to cover other countries as well, though I don’t know how extensively.

Depending on the country, it also lets you specify whether you need diesel vs. unleaded, for instance. That’s to save you going to gas stations without diesel, say if you’re driving an RV.

The app is free to use, supported by advertising. If you don’t like ads, you can pay a one-time $1.99 fee to remove the strip of advertising at the bottom for lifetime use. That covers having the app on multiple devices tied to your Apple ID. When I’ve loaded it onto new devices, it’s automatically prompted me that I’ve already paid.

3 Likes

Hi @Maggie8K we have also used this App a lot, it’s certainly a good one :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

@Samox24, have you used it in countries other than the U.S.?

This is the first time Ive heard of iExit. Just downloaded it. We do a lot of road trips to Michigan to visit family.

I’ve used BringFrido for a long time. It was very useful when we were a month in Antigua Guatemala and wanted to bring our dog out to eat with us (most restaurants have patios and courtyards).

1 Like

Hi @Maggie8K no only used it in the US.

Hi @wendy_chicago yes we also use BringFido it’s certainly another very useful app

1 Like

The Roadtrippers App is also really good for the US and Canada. You can find interesting places to stop during a road trip using this app and you can explore a map of the US and Canada (with some coverage for Mexico too), that has unusual roadside attractions, museums, amusement parks, campsites, restaurants, and more. When you find a site you like, just add it to your trip, and Roadtrippers draws your route accordingly. Might be worth a try.

Thanks, @Samox24. I tried it years ago and didn’t find it particularly useful, but will try again on your recommendation. It’s probably gotten stronger and I should revisit.

@Maggie8K I remember it was improved a while back so hopefully it will be worth another go now :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like