Dog-friendly establishments!

I’m currently on a as sit and I’ve found literally my favourite ever dog-friendly cafe.

It’s called The Orchard Tea Gardens in Grantchester, a very quaint village just outside Cambridge and about an hour from London.

It has tables and chairs amongst the apple trees and serves the most delicious coffee and they welcome dogs with open arms. They even serve fresh apple juice fresh from the orchard itself.

Well worth a visit if you’re ever in this neck of the woods. My photos don’t do this is stunning place justice. Would love to hear of any of your recommendations of dog-friendly places. What a gem this place is!

4 Likes

In the New Forest (also in the UK) nearly all the pubs have signs outside saying " Dogs and muddy boots welcome"

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing @Chatsetchiens Looks lovely :heart_eyes:

That’s great to hear @Cljk We have a December sit scheduled for the New Forest :blush:

1 Like

Dog friendliness is one of many reasons why I love sitting in the U.K.

1 Like

Love this and I love the New forest too. Such a stunning part of England.

1 Like

Britain is definitely a nation of dog-lovers and it’s not uncommon to see a sign like this outside! :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes, love that!

In the U.K., including Scotland, I’ve been able to take my sit dogs on hop on, hop off tour buses, on a river cruise, on a ferry, onto a Ferris wheel and into many pubs, cafes and restaurants. That meant I was with some dogs the whole duration of our sit, because I never left them at home alone. With groceries, I ordered delivery.

In the U.S., where I live, some parts are more dog friendly than others. It’s usually pretty easy to check online. My husband and I’ve taken our dog to many places where we live and when we travel by car or RV, including lots of cross-country. Like a whiskey distillery even offered to let us bring our dog into their dining room, which we hadn’t expected. But overall, the U.K. has us beat for dog friendliness. I think it’s because it has a history of hunting and dogs in pubs, dogs in much of life.

1 Like

Grantchester is a nice place to park and walk into Cambridge, the path follows the river.
Great walk for people and dogs

1 Like

It is a really great place for walking dogs. I’ve got a couple of regular dogs that I look after in this part of the world. One in Grantchester and one in Newnham in Cambridge. We’ve walked through the meadows along the river

many a time and I absolutely love it here. It’s definitely one of my happy places even though I know that sounds cheesy. The sunsets here are spectacular too.

4 Likes

same where my cousin lives in the peaks.