Frustrating about SE Asia sits

I am currently in Vietnam and have alerts set for most places in SE Asia. Currently receiving at LEAST five available and fantastic sits a day for areas like Singapore, Thailand etc etc Unfortunately I am booked out through Europe for the listed dates otherwise I could be applying for numerous sits here with a good chance of securing.

My disappointment is, once I fly out of Vietnam and into France, the whole scenario will change due to the huge time zone difference. What I could “possibly” get now I probably will have no chance of even seeing once I leave and will probably not even get notifications because they will already be at reviewing.

The joys of the “five” and what I could get now I probably won’t again until I head back this way. I know a lot of people are looking for sits in SE Asia and I know how hard it is, I’m not on my lonesome. Just frustrates me that there are so many listed when I’m in the area but will be none once I leave. Pretty much have to be in the same or close timezone to catch them :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Never lose faith, just keep going. Things have a tendency to sort themselves out (one way or the other). And after all, 6 hours isn’t that much. Very seldom do people list first thing in the morning. By the time they do, you’ll be up :wink:

2 Likes

The SE Asia sit issue is a total nightmare. There are so few that they go to ‘reviewing’ within minutes, irrespective of the time of day. And then sometimes HO contact me (I live in Bangkok) at the last minute because they’ve just been let down by sitters because I think people just take what they can get and try to work out the logistics later.

I can see why this ‘rule’ was introduced but it’s ‘one country suits all’ and it very frustrating for areas where there are few sits, unless you literally spend all day on your phone refreshing searches. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I guess that is what is being done by bots (computer scripts).