Happy Jubilee Housesitting Weekend

The Paddington Bear sketch with the Queen is an absolute classic. Sharing where they stow their emergency marmalade sandwiches.
It’s on iplayer for those in UK.

3 Likes

Hi @Kelownagurl @Samox24 … will look forward to seeing those photos!!

Have fun :uk: :wink:

2 Likes

@ElsieDownie even my Paddington Bear managed to make it to The Mall :bear:

3 Likes

I can just picture where the procession was, @Debbie! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I did enjoy that sketch too @ElsieDownie!

1 Like

@ElsieDownie you got me thinking about the film Paddington Bear and the books from my childhood & how my bear seems to have lived the life Michael Bond inspired :sweat_smile:

This is my Paddington meeting his bigger self in Miraflores in Lima, Peru. This Paddington Bear statue was gifted to the municipality of Miraflores in Lima from the British Embassy and the little bear now watches over the Miraflores Boardwalk. It was unveiled in July 2015 to commemorate the strong ties between the UK and Peru which was Paddington’s original home in the story, as the saying goes he came from darkest Peru!

This photo was taken of Paddington at the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls which if you remember, the opening scene from the film Paddington 2 shows Paddington being rescued from Iguazu Falls.

This photo I couldn’t resist whilst driving near Manchester in Vermont :joy:

At least my Paddington doesn’t always seem to be in a complete pickle like the one in the films & books! :joy: This is him taking some time out in the Bahamas.

This is one of Paddington in the Maldives :palm_tree:

This is Paddington taking time out in Bridgetown, Barbados

Making new friends in Jackson, New Hampshire

Paddington with his best friend :blush:

Gazing out over Positano in Italy :it:

At the Golden Gate

Fighting for the best spot in Park Güell in Barcelona

During Covid times in Switzerland

Paddington has even sat in the cockpit on the Boeing 777!

Enjoying room service Champagne at the Savoy :clinking_glasses:

Anyway I could go on and on with his travels, I am just fortunate I got him back when a little girl tried to take him whilst onboard a flight from St Kitts… indeed he is a lucky little bear just like the one Michael Bond imagined him to be :bear::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

He’ll have to write his memoirs one day.

Wonderful.

2 Likes

@ElsieDownie most definitely! :blush::sweat_smile:

My goodness @Samox24, what a jetsetter your Paddington Bear is!! And of course his companion!! I think we need a photo of him with his marmalade sandwich though!

2 Likes

We also got to attend the Queen’s 70th Jubilee ceremonies last week. First time in London on a Housesit and all ready wanting to go back. We watched this little guy Max who was so sweet. Spent the entire week running around the city and visiting a few pubs for a pint or two. Even had Sunday roast the night before we left.

5 Likes

That’s some Sunday Roast @LynKinn coming right after the National Gallery photo was that in a pub or a “live” sculpture.

It was a truly great time to not only be in London but in the UK, with so many amazing sits what better way to have authentic experiences living like a local.

Thank you for sharing :uk: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :clap:

2 Likes