Hello from Lancashire, UK

I just checked out your profile and it looks great to me. I think you have great information and the pictures of the area would entice me to apply.
As we seldom are able to meet our hosts prior to the Housesit, we have found the video calls work great and we do not expect you to give us a tour of your home.
For us personally, we have moved a lot due to my husband’s career and we can adapt easily to the size and location of a home. We are not afraid to ask questions and keep in touch with our hosts regularly throughout the sit.
Enjoy your trip and your new housesitter experience.

@JanAlayne thank you, I’ve been busy writing up the Welcome Guide so haven’t been on the forum for a while…now I’m here again the questions are popping into my head so I’m off to search the threads for answers!

2 Likes

Hey @LizzieS and good to see you back. Well done for getting your Welcome Guide sorted - it’s such a help to sitters… I always feel particularly appreciative of the time taken to complete a good guide!

I just thought I’d let you know that in the time you’ve been away from the forum, HEIC formatted images can now be uploaded :tada:

When you upload a .HEIC you’ll initially see a “Preview unavailable” message, because these images can’t be resized by the system, but the actual image will appear when you save your progress and return to the page.

@Vanessa_A wow thats impressive, thanks for letting me know, I think I got round it by altering my camera settings but useful to know for future updates.
I’ve contacted our sitters because I haven’t completed the section of the guide regarding dog walks because the walks we use vary according to the time of year.
Once the cattle and sheep are moved off some walks are easier and safer, conversely when the wet weather comes some are more dangerous…so I’ve decided to write the dog walk section separately. Hopefully providing I let sitters know why, it will be okay.
Now I’m hoping to persuade my husband we should become sitters too😊