Hello from mainland Greece near Athens

Hi my name is Debra and I live with my husband James in a small seaside town on the Greek Riviera near Athens with our two fur babies that like their humans to look after all their kitty needs - I was recommended the Trusted Housesitters site by a friend, so we looking forward to getting to know more fur baby parents around the world as well as having our own looked after too

4 Likes

@WebraDebra welcome to the forum! I wanted to take a peak at your profile since you are in such a beautiful area, but alas, it has not populated yet! Can’t wait to check it out! Greece is on our very near bucket list as we have watched so many youtube videos of nomad travelers who are enticing us with all the beauty Greece has to offer…and we love how the entire island is so inhabitated by furry kittens!

Thank you for joining our community forum. You are going to find it is filled with answers to most, if not all, of your questions and enquiries.

My name is Debbie and I am one of the forum moderators, as well as a sitter member of TrustedHousesitters. I was an owner member for three years and have now moved over to a sitter membership, so I have insight into both sides of the memberships.

I am hoping this info will help you find your way around the platform and interest you to join in the conversations. It can be a little daunting and confusing at first, so we included this handy guide

How to use our Community Forum | TrustedHousesitters.com

Our members are connecting every day and the forum is a great place where you can get to know one another. Please take a moment to introduce yourself About the introduce yourself category - Introduce Yourself - TrustedHousesitters Community Forum by giving us as little or as much info as you prefer. If you are confused on what to say, we have some great suggestions:

• How long have you been a member of Trustedhousesitters?
  • Where is your home location?
  • As a pet parent, tell us about your pets.
  • Share pics of you, your own pets, or pets you have cared for or are caring for.

Also, you may want to link your member profile to your forum profile for additional exposure when you are using the forum. To do so just go to How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

We are always here to help, so please don’t hesitate to message us with any questions or concerns.

Also, can I just ask how you came upon the forum and decided to join? I am always curious as to what drives someone to a certain site.

Have a great day!

Debbie – Forum Team Moderator

eHH

1 Like

Hi @WebraDebra - Welcome to trusted housesitters! My husband is Greek and we will be in Athens from 24th October - 11th November - if you are interested in meeting up for a coffee one day let me know

2 Likes

Hi Debbie, I was recommended your site by a friend who has used it for a few years… it’s looking very positive so far and if everything goes to plan, could be a game changer allowing us the freedom to travel more knowing our fur babies are getting the very best of attention while we’re away - d;-)

Hi Colin, thank you for reaching out - we’re not quite in Athens, but happy to meet for coffee if he is down the Saronikos area - d;-)

Hi @WebraDebra. Welcome. This is strange as I’m currently catsitting 3 fur babies near Anavyssos! Having a great time. Never been in this part of the world before although I’ve been to a few Greek islands like Crete, Corfu and Rhodes. I was missing out!
Happy to meet for a coffee while I’m here (until the 4th November). I’m regularly going into Saronida. So not too far away.

1 Like

@richten1 - sounds like a plan after the 26th! Beautiful area :heart:

1 Like

Hi @WebraDebra. Perfect. Just let me know when and where we can chat cats and my experience of cat sitting!
And yes an amazingly beautiful area especially the coastline. Working my way along the beaches this week post my remote work day.

Todays beach swim!

3 Likes