Hello from the most beautiful city in the world!

Hello all my fellow animal lovers! My name is Colleen and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. I live 5 mins from the beach, 30 mins from the mountains and 45 mins from the vineyards and countryside. So blessed! I love the adventure of house and pet sitting and hope to do it for many more years.

8 Likes

Hello Colleen!! We have to agree you do live in a beautiful city … thank you so much for joining our community forum and for bringing a touch of Cape Town sunshine into our morning.

We can’t wait to get to know you better and share in your TrustedHousesitters journey. Enjoy the conversations, connecting with other members.

Angela and the Team

Nice to see folks from the Southern Hemisphere here. We have some good saffy friends :+1: and love biltong. Some good biltong places in OZ & NZ…yummy

One day we’d like to head to South Africa for a Springbok-All Blacks game plus some other super rugby matches. Also,perhaps venture to cheer folks in at Comrades :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Ah, biltong! Eish, you shouldn’t have mentioned it…now I’m going to have to go and buy my favourite, which is Kudu :yum:

Yes, lots of sporting action here in SA. We also enjoy our daily early morning brisk walk on the beach and then home for coffee and a homemade rusk!

Take care.

2 Likes

Thanks, Angela! I’m sure this forum is going to be very helpful.

1 Like

Hello and welcome Collen

1 Like

Thank you @windtalker

1 Like

I hope to experience the coast of South Africa! I wonder if it is similar to the coast of Maine?

1 Like

@Victoria The South African coast is extraordinary. It has it all and is breathtaking! I have a young friend who solo (and unsupported) walked the entire SA coast from the border of Namibia to the border of Mozambique…3000km and it took her 10 months. Wow :star_struck:

1 Like