Hello from Virginia Beach, VA, USA

I’m brand new to TrustedHousesitters and this forum and am super excited to join this community!

After a lifetime of moving around every 2-4 years, first with my Navy father and then with my Coast Guard husband, we have “retired” to the Virginia Beach area. I’m a frequent traveler, often solo as my husband is a little burned out on travel after sailing the seven seas for so many years. At home, I have a 3 yr old floof named Percy and 6 month old kitten with the unimaginative name of Baby (NOTHING else we tried stuck, lol!) I also have 3 young adult kids who have flown the nest.

I enjoy both domestic and international travel. I’m a writer so I can work anywhere, as long as there’s wi-fi or a working hot spot. Within North America I can always drive my own car if necessary, so I’m open to sits in rural and urban environments but when I travel abroad I prefer not to hire a car which means I’m seeking out sits in cities and walkable villages.

I’m looking forward to getting to know others in this community… and I’m really hoping I’ve figured out how to use this forum correctly :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Welcome @Kristy - love your profile & am sure you will very successful getting sits. We live in Rehoboth Beach, not too far from you and are sitters as well as homeowners (down to 1 cat). We’ve throroughly enjoyed sitting & and although have done all of our sits together, I am going to do a solo sit this summer at a nearby beach town and hubby will be on kitty duty at our home! Best of luck!

2 Likes

Hello @Kristy Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum community :grin:

It sounds like you are in a great position to be able to travel and enjoy the company of other pets, knowing that your babies are safe at home with your husband. I am sure you will find many quiet spots to be able to write.

Also, I think Baby is a great name!! :heart_eyes_cat:

Feel free to use the spyglass to search for previously discussed topics and if you have any questions just ask away.

3 Likes

Hi @Kristy! I live in Roanoke, VA

Edited to comply with posting guidelines

Hi @Kristy I’m from Virginia Beach too. Maybe I should say was, because I’ve been sitting for nearly a year straight! THS has changed my life!