Hello from Wales

Hi, I’ve been on the forum for a while but not sure to post so hopefully this works. Been a sitter on the site for several years, had lots of great experiences and met lovely people and pets. Recently my two children have also joined so it’s become a family tradition!

9 Likes

Hello @Sarad. We are very happy you have successfully found your way here, and extend a big welcome from all the team and the wider community. My last home was in Wales, in the Brecon Beacons, and I left a little of my heart there when we sold up to travel.

It’s wonderful to hear that using TrustedHousesitters has become a part of your children’s pet care too! Please enjoy connecting with our other members, and we looking forward to hearing more about your experiences, and to follow in the journeys of all of your family!
All the best, Vanessa

2 Likes

Hello @Sarad from Gloucestershire. How lovely that your children have joined to become housesitters too. My boys are only 12 and 10 at the moment, but its nice to think that they might be TrustedHousesitters members when they are grown up. They should have plenty of experience by then!

2 Likes

Hi @Debbie,
It’s good to hear that you and your family are enjoying housesitting too. I know Gloucestershire well, it’s a beautiful area … I have family living there.

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome @Vanessa_A. I think the forum is a really good idea, it’s good to hear about other peoples experiences and ideas. Brecon isn’t far from me, I was there the other day and spend alot of time in mid Wales so can understand your fondness for it.

2 Likes

Hi. I’m a Barry girl, transplanted to Niagara Falls :canada: many years ago. I’m looking forward to when I can again come home to visit, as it will always feel like home (yikes, I don’t see an option for our beautiful Welsh flag here)

4 Likes

Hi Snowbird,
I’m off to Barry this week, to the opticians. The beach there is great… and the old funfair is still open. Hope you can get to visit soon.
Sara

1 Like

Wishing you sunny warm weather while you’re there :sunglasses:

Hello @Sarad & @Snowbird :wave:t4:

Another Welsh member 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 here, from Cardiff.
I’m currently on a sit in Scotland and hoping to get all the home nations covered off this year :crossed_fingers:t4:.

4 Likes

Hi @Elle, I live in Cardiff too. I’ve been gradually doing more housesits over the last few months since the restrictions have eased… it’s good to be able to move around again.

1 Like

Stand back … I’m from Maesteg. Currently exiled in Hertfordshire but plotting a return to ‘ the Old Parish’ next year.

2 Likes

@Sarad what a coincidence, you have family in Gloucestershire and I have relatives in Cardiff!

2 Likes

Hi @LTD good luck with your move back home!

@Debbie yes that is a coincidence … my relatives there have three lovely dogs.

1 Like

Monday morning looks good for the invasion. Assemble on the Severn Bridge at dawn.