Hey there from New Zealand

have been going to Europe to sit since the Christmas/NY of 2013/2014
arrived home on last Emirates flight March 2020…and here I still am…sob sob
love my winters in Europe…few more sobs:>)…so all digits crossed for some time nxt year

6 Likes

:wave: Hey! Ello from Motueka (soon we’ll be South Cantabrians :slightly_smiling_face:). Nice to see another kiwi round here.

Still heaps of sits out there, just not on TH atm…

Take care

1 Like

Hi @Bluebell welcome to our community forum thank you for joining us from beautiful New Zealand we would love to know more about where in NZ you are, there are many on the forum hoping to get to your part of the world soon … perhaps you will cross in mid air, we wish you luck in getting back to Europe, very soon.

Enjoy connecting with our members from around the world and we look forward to sharing in your next European adventure.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

I feel the same but the other way around! I was in the north island of NZ from July 2019 - Jan 2020 travelling and housesitting. Then went to Oz, and was about to take up my first Oz housesit in Brisbane when this pandemic heated up and I flew home (UK) on Emirates in March 2020 sob sob! I had 6 months planned in the South Island and plan to do that as soon as we can travel to NZ - you need our money! Hopefully we’ll both be able to travel next year! Good luck! :blush:

2 Likes

A returning home Kiwi in Nov 2020 after 20 yrs living abroad. Thanks to TH and another website we were able to petsit for 7.5 months until we secured a place to live. We are so grateful to these sites for providing for us during this time. As a result we learned so much about many locations in Auckland, met nice people, enjoyed pet love, and learned a lot about a lot from living in homeowners homes.

6 Likes

good luck to u Smiley!..think we are going to need it, this situation is not going to be over any time soon , I fear
I look on site and dream of far far away adventures…one day

2 Likes

20 year OE!..NZ must feel so different
I’ve bn going to Europe to sit for last 7 years…do so miss it. Used to love landing in Paris thinking of my nxt 4-5 mnths of adventures…one day again I hope!!!
wellcome home by the way!!

No but I do think it’s time NZ and Oz opened up to us as long as we’ve had our jobs.

@Smiley You’ll know by now that Oz at least is starting to welcome overseas folk at last. Give it a few more months though. Some of us in Oz still can’t visit other parts of our own country despite being fully vaccinated.

2 Likes

Hi Temba
No, I didn’t realise Oz was open to overseas visitors yet, I just thought it was open to Oz citizens who’d been stuck abroad.
It won’t be long though and hope you can travel more widely soon too!
Sheryl :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Smiley it is mainly Oz residents from overseas who are returning first (as you say) but also families (like parents) who live O/S can fly out to their families as far as I understand. Give it a few more months and tourists will be welcome I’m sure! Aussies are definitely taking to the skies as of last week. Much as I want to, I’m still very hesitant about heading O/S so am happy to wait and watch at present. Just enjoying the states of Oz that are open to me. Enjoy your travels and sitting too.

3 Likes

Here’s today’s update on our borders: January 16: Vaccinated Kiwis can fly home from Australia without going into MIQ
February 13: Vaccinated Kiwis from anywhere can come home without going into MIQ
April 30: Border opens to any fully vaccinated traveller, from anywhere

*Still have to self isolate for 7 days

Don’t expect it to be an easy peasy process.

3 Likes

I’m waiting to return to NZ to finish off my trip that was cut short due to the pandemic but will wait until I don’t have to self isolate.

You may be waiting a while but then again good things come to those that wait.

Keep an eye on the Stuff news site for all the updates you need.

1 Like

Thanks @TheMapleKiwi for sharing this. Good to see what the plan is for NZ.

1 Like

Fantastic news this morning. We have sailor friends who got special dispensation and were allowed to land four months ago. They have been having a fantastic time. The whole of the country to themselves……almost. Can’t wait to visit.

1 Like