Hi fellow house sitters. So Far, So Good

Hello :wave:.
So, after many years wanting to become a house sitter, it has taken retirement to finally live the dream, (hopefully no nightmares to come)

My husband and I decided to retire and move away from our home town and we are now living in Suffolk and donā€™t regret a thing.

We spent our first house sit not too far from our home, but somewhere we wanted to explore.
I have to say we were extremely lucky, 2 great dogs and easy to care for Koi Carp.
We met the home owner a week before we were due to sit and he explained all we needed to know.

Easy hand over on the sit date, and he left us with a vast selection of wines to choose from and a voucher for Ā£50.00 to use at the restaurant at the end of the road, which I tried to reimburse him for, but he wouldnā€™t have any of it.

Iā€™m afraid the bar has been set far too high. :wink:

11 Likes

Hi @Max-4-sit welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters ā€¦ thank you for joining us from Constable Country congratulations on your retirement and the start of you living your dream travel lifestyle.

What a lovely introduction to pet sitting and to the forum.

I did two absolutely delightful sits in Suffolk, Chelsworth which boasts the oldest Open Garden Association in the UK ā€¦ 1946 and we sat the Presidentā€™s beautiful cat and ā€œchocolate boxā€ cottage complete with stunning garden and another sit 8 miles away with a Collie, kitty and the first rescue chickens we had ever sat.

Enjoy being here on the forum and connecting with members from around the world ā€¦

Angela and the Team

2 Likes

@Max-4-sit hey and welcomeā€¦thats a nice first sit and as you say the bar is set high! I have often been surprised and overwhelmed by the generosity of HOs who have left a fridge so full of food that I could never have got through itā€¦invitation to sample good wines and old fine scotchā€¦decent space to put my thingsā€¦ a clean and sanitized home (especially reassuring in thes covid times!) ā€¦the use of a car to get the dog out on some decent adventuresā€¦even return airfare paid to Portugal to care for a little kittenā€¦I hope you have the same sort of experiences along the way!

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome. I have a feeling itā€™s going to be one awesome adventure.
Iā€™ll buckle up and take whatā€™s thrown at me.

1 Like

Thank you carpediem, one can only hope things are exciting and new as it looks at the moment.
My second sit next weekend and I have learnt so much from reading comments on this forum.

3 Likes

Welcome and congratulations @Max-4-sit!
Enjoy any all of the wonderfullness of your retirement and your new lifestyle.

3 Likes

Hi @Max-4-sit glad you had such a great first sitā€¦ weā€™re coming over to Suffolk at the end of this month to visit a friend in Saxmundham :grin::+1:t4:

2 Likes

Thank you very much Amparo.

1 Like

Thank you, I hope you enjoy your visit Foldor13.

1 Like

Congratulations!
Nice history.
Beautiful experience.
I am ready.
Contact me :blush: !!!

Hello Newlife.
Welcome to the community, you will find a lot of useful tips on the forum, enjoy. :wink:

2 Likes