Hi from Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Hello from Sally and Ron in Indianapolis! We joined the site in July and are just now actively applying for house sits in the British Isles. We are recently retired, and coming out of the pandemic want to live life more fully!

For the time being, we are traveling without our own furry companion animals, but eventually hope to bring one or both of the dogs with us. For now, an adult child who lives in the area will take care of our home and household while we are gone.

I’ve appreciated reading newbie Q&A. I’ve applied to multiple sits, and had questions about protocols and expectations. So I will keep reading!

8 Likes

Welcome @SistahSue :hugs:

Thank you for joining our community forum, and I am so happy to hear you are finding it helpful. You are going to find it is filled with answers to most, if not all, of your questions and enquiries. Our members are connecting every day and the forum is a great place where you can get to know one another.

Also, you may want to link your member profile to your forum profile for additional exposure when you are using the forum. To do so just go to How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

We are always here to help, so please don’t hesitate to message us with any questions or concerns.

Hi @SistahSue. Welcome to our community from a former fellow Midwesterner. Dear hubby and I lived not far from you (given that this community has members all around the world) in Cincinnati for many years. We’re now “location independent”, traveling wherever our hearts and pet sits take us.

Congrats on your recent retirement! Best wishes on your British Isles pet sitting adventure. That will be such fun. Have you confirmed your first sit yet?