New from Brisbane Australia.

Hi we are new to the idea of house sitting. We are 60+ and retired and longing to start travelling overseas again after the covid lockdowns and the death of our much loved dog a few months ago.
We are open to many destinations and feel that a house\pet sit would be a good start to exploring new and wonderful destinations that we have never seen before.
We have always had cats and dogs of our own and looked after dogs belonging to friends and family.
I would love some feedback on whether we will need references and what if any preparations are needed before embarking on our new adventure next year.
All suggestions welcome. Thanks

8 Likes

Hello @Chris12. Welcome to the community forum. I’m glad you’ve joined us and have jumped in to introduce yourself. This is the perfect place to come with all your new petsitter questions.

I see you have not joined TrustedHousesitters yet and hope you will decide to. If there’s anything we can do to assist you with joining, please feel free to reach out. We will be happy to help.

Thanks for joining the forum….it’s a great start to your new life as traveling pet sitters. You’re going to love it!

1 Like

Hi @Chris12 and welcome!

Thank you for joining our Community Forum. You are going to find so much helpful information from both forum members and TrustedHousesitters forum team alike.

I see you have not joined TrustedHousesitters yet and if there is anything we can do to assist you with joining, please feel free to reach out and we will be happy to help. TrustedHousesitters is an amazing organization filled with both sitters and pet parents who want to join forces and help make all our furry friends happy, safe and content in the own homes.

We certainly hope you decide to join, but once again, thanks for joining the forum….it’s a great start to becoming a member of our family of pet lovers!

Have a wonderful day!

Debbie

1 Like

Hello, i am in the same situation although have not retired as yet. I lived in Qld for 25 years and now in Adelaide. I visit the sunny coast often, every month, as i have children there. Good luck and enjoy, it’s a great time of life to live our dreams.
Deborah

1 Like