Hi from a country cottage near Rye, East Sussex

Hello everyone. We have just joined and are looking for someone who would love to spend some time in our lovely cottage in a very friendly village just north of the historic town of Rye. We have three dogs - two golden retrievers and an Lhasa Apsa - who are very chilled and love company but are very undemanding and don’t mind being left on their own while you are out discovering the area!

Our house is down a quiet lane on the edge of the village but within walking distance of a lovely mini supermarket, a deli and bakery and an outdoor restaurant on the river. We have a large garden with various sitting areas so you can find a sunny spot throughout the day if you just want to chill.

There are lots of things to do in the area - the towns of Rye, Battle and Tenterden are all nearby - with lots of tea rooms, galleries, pubs and quaint shops. The sandy beach at Camber Sands is just 25 minutes drive away and there are lots of National Trust houses in the vicinity plus woods and footpaths. We even have a steam train which runs through the village!

We would love to hear any suggestions anyone has for our listing as we go away in June .

Thank you,
Debbie and Paul

4 Likes

Hi @Debbiew a big welcome to TrustedHousesitters and also to our community forum, it’s great that you’ve found us here.

We have a community full of helpful members here on the forum so if you ever have any general queries pop in your head, I’ve no doubt you’ll find what you’re looking for. You can also share and read others stories and discuss all things housesitting in the threads.

It is great that you have added your linting link into your forum profile, this will help sitters here on the forum find your sit.

I have to say, your home is wonderful and in such a fab location, Rye is beautiful. Although it’s definitely Kai, Toby and Casper that steal the show for me!

I couldn’t help but share this gorgeous picture of Toby, he looks like butter wouldn’t melt.

All the best
Lucy

4 Likes

Thanks so much Lucy. Yes Toby is a real poppet - a failed guide dog! He found it all too stressful!

4 Likes

@Debbiew Bless him, that makes him even sweeter!

Hi Debbie,
Everything looks great with your listing! Perhaps just mention if there are buses that serve the village?
I was born in Hastings and am keen to explore the area 60 year after the fact :blush:. We can’t do your dates but have saved your listing for next time.
Good luck!
Mary

Thank you Mary! I will add the buses.

I moved here last year and absolutely love the area. Hopefully you can come and stay soon!

Best wishes,
Debbie

Hi @Debbiew ,

Your listing looks wonderful, your dogs are adorable, and your description on here is great too. It looks a fantastic sit in a great area with lots to do. Rye is now on my ever growing “to visit” list!

You mention in your post above that your dogs

don’t mind being left on their own while you are out discovering the area!

It might be good to also mention this in your listing. Often pet owners will say how long their pet can be left for. This allows sitters to see if they are a good fit for you.

Good luck!
Debbie