Hi from Devon, UK

Hi everyone.

I am Tina from Devon, UK (well, actually from Norway but I have called Devon my home for the last 13 years). I just joined Trusted Housesitters and still getting my head around it all. What a fabulous concept and community! I wish I knew this existed before but so glad I have found it! A bit about me - I live my my husband, 12 year old daughter and our gorgeous cockapoo Milo (who is 2 years old) in a detached 4 bedroom house in a small Devon town. We absolutely love the countryside around us and it is a fabulous place for anyone who enjoys nature! We are fortunate to be near the coast, plenty of woodland and Dartmoor National park, and spend a lot of time enjoying life outdoors when we are not working/at school. As a family, we visit my relatives in Norway a couple of times each year and we have joined Trusted Housesitters so that Milo can have some company and be in his normal routine whilst we are away. He is a real cuddle monster and just loves company. We could never put him in a kennel. We look forward to starting on the house sitter journey and would love to hear peopleā€™s top tips for home owners. We want to make this a great experience for the person/people coming to stay in our home (just need some applications to come in now - fingers crossed).

4 Likes

Hello @tina.boon1978 and welcome to the forum. This great group of members will be here to help you with most any question or concern you might have along the way.

Let me just say your baby, Milo, is adorable. Definitely looks like a Cuddle Bug! I know you say you travel to Norway a couple of times a year but where else are you interested in traveling? This world is full of such beautiful places and TrustedHousesitters give us the greatest of opportunities to visit them all!

I see you have already linked your member profile to your forum profile, so you are well on your way.

Good luck!

1 Like

What a gorgeous pup, Milo, is @tina.boon1978. You certainly do live in a beautiful location in Devon and have a very appealing listing. Sadly Iā€™m already booked when you need a sitter, otherwise I would have been applying! You might need to re-list your sit (remove it, wait a day then advertise it again) so that it once again becomes ā€œNewā€ rather than showing ā€œLow Applicationsā€.
Thereā€™s so much information on the THS website (just click on Help and put in what you want to know) plus click on the magnifying glass in the forum to search out topics as, again, there is much advice offered and topics covered.
Enjoy being part of the THS community.

4 Likes

Hi Tina and welcome
I will definitely be looking at applying to sit for you one day when Iā€™m back in the UK. Iā€™ve got good friends in Musbury and other friends have a second home nearer you. Milo looks gorgeous and would get some great walks & cuddles with me.
Good luck with your first sitters. Youā€™re doing the right thing

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply and for the reassurance. Itā€™s a bit nerve wrecking creating the profile and putting up the first post, and Iā€™m very grateful for your feedback :blush:

Thank you so much Debbie. Itā€™s great to be part of the community and weā€™re so excited about starting our journey. We spend 3-4 weeks each year in Norway, so not time for much travelling outside that. We are so lucky where we live and we enjoy the pace of life here. But we are ready to embrace our TH journey and Iā€™m sure once we have a couple of sits successfully completed weā€™ll be looking to travel a bit more :blush:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply :blush: Milo would love cuddles and walks! Heā€™s the most adorable boy and full of character - Iā€™m biased of course :joy: Would be great to hear from you in the future.

1 Like

Hi @tina.boon1978 , well done on creating a great informative listing. You are going to have us sitter friends fighting amongst ourselves! - Unfortunately, we are already booked throughout August but have saved your listing for the future x

3 Likes

Hello @tina.boon1978 and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Milo is absolutely adorable :dog::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and I have had a peruse of your profile and it looks great and you are in a beautiful location, I am sure you will receive many great applicants.

Norway is also beautiful and we spent some time towards the end of 2021. Which part of Norway do you travel to?

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We are all more than happy to help. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply. It is great to be part of the community and we are so grateful for the support and reassurance. It feels scary opening up our home to ā€˜strangersā€™ but already I feel that there are only friends on here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: . We travel to Stavanger, which is on the South-West coast. I can highly recommend the area - a great mix of mountains, beaches, fjords and a vibrant and interesting city. If you are heading that way feel free to reach out for travel tips!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your comment Colin. It is so reassuring to hear from experienced sitters. We really want this to be a positive experience for Milo, us and the sitters, and very much appreciate the support of the community. Your profile looks great and we would love to hear from you and Karyo in the future. We tend to be away for 2-3 weeks in August every year to take advantage of the long school holidays. Take care x

3 Likes

@tina.boon1978 We certainly shall, thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks Tina. Hope it will work in the future. Iā€™ve saved you just in case :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @tina.boon1978, welcome to THS! Your listing looks great, and Milo is adorable - love the snuggle picture of you & him :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
One day, when our travels take us across the pond, we will be looking for sits like yours.
Just know - there are so many amazing sitters out there - Iā€™m sure you will find a great one for Milo. Enjoy your trip to Norway!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is much appreciated. Milo certainly gives the best cuddles, he lives for the moments when one of us will sit down on the sofa so he can come for a snuggle :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: He has started responding to the word ā€˜cuddleā€™ and will tuck his head in under my chin in response to the word. We love him so much :heart_eyes:

3 Likes