Hi from Ernie & family in Fife, Scotland

Hi there house and pet sitters!

My name is Alex and my wife, daughter and I live in Dalgety Bay, Fife with our scruffy outback pup, Ernie (rescued while living in Australia). We live in Fife, Scotland, and are new to THS in the last few weeks and hope to meet plenty of new people and furry friends through this in the future. Have heard nothing but good things!

Thanks all,

Alex & Ernie x :dog:

Edited To Comply With Posting Guidelines

20 Likes

Hi @Alex_and_Ernie and a warm welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I just had a peruse of your profile and it looks fab, I am sure you will receive many applicants to come and look after the adorable Ernie for you, (that’s such a lovely photo of him btw!) :dog::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have attached a blog and a thread that you should find helpful

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask!

I have attached a thread below, it would be great if you could join in with this as we think you could offer great feedback and your input would be a great addition. :blush:

3 Likes

What a cutie!

3 Likes

What a cutie :heartbeat:

2 Likes

@Alex_and_Ernie Welcome and check out this meet-up that is near (ish) to you. I Google mapped it and it said less than an hour to Glasgow. It’s a great way to meet and connect with other members :grin:

1 Like

Awww. What a beauty. BT?

Hi Ernie
What a lovely dog! I’ll be looking out for your listings as I’m up in Fife a lot visiting grand children who live very near Dalgety Bay. Do you accept sitters with children? They do love to stay with Granma.

3 Likes

Welcome. What a beautiful dog. I have stayed in Fife and it is stunning as is the rest of Scotland. Love it. I live in Australia.

3 Likes

Hi Marie,

Thank you! Definitely some in there. He was a lot darker in colour as a young pup, and has a 100% terrier personality (chases everything that moves!). But he’s a fair bit bigger (15 kg and quite long) and has a very soft coat. Apparently his mum looked more like a Maltese.

Best wishes,

Alex

Hi Elsie,

Thank you! Please do save our listing. We have one sit coming up soon, and plan on several other long weekends over the next year. Ernie’s very patient with our 2-yr-old, but has been pretty wary of young kids most of his life (following a bad experience before he came to us), so we’re generally not in favour of sitters with children, but would consider on a case-by-case basis depending on age etc.

Bets wishes,

Alex

Hi Deborah, Thank you! Ernie’s originally from the Pilbara but also seems to enjoy Scotland very much - I think the cooler weather suits him!

2 Likes

Hi @Samox. Thank you! That’s really helpful info - much appreciated!

Hi @Carla1, Thanks very much for the info. I’ll keep my eye out for such events in the future!

2 Likes

@Alex_and_Ernie aww, I love BTs, my heart dog was a border; Pep (thats him in my little icon),lost him in 2017 aged 16. I’m in many BT groups. Just beautiful 🩷I would love to come and care for Ernie in the future.

2 Likes

Hello & Welcome! I can not wait to sit a dog in Scotland! I am looking forward to your listing!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Hi SunshineAndAloha,

Thanks for your message. There is a link to our listing in my forum profile here - just click on my icon to bring up a box with the URL.

Thanks and best wishes,

Alex

1 Like

What an adorable dog!!