Hi, from homeowner in New Hampshire, USA!

Greetings, from a “new ‘homeowner’ kid on the block”!
Joined TSH a few weeks ago. I have a small farm (horses, chickens, dogs and cats), and live alongside the Connecticut River, which is a lovely place to paddle around on. Also perched near the Green Mountains (VT) and the White Mountains (NH).
I’m so pleased to have discovered this resource and the wonderful people associated with it!
Looking forward to learning and getting better at my “homeowner” role. It’ll be such fun to meet some of the folks who’ve already reached out as potential housesitters for May/June 2021.

10 Likes

Hello there welcome to the family :family_man_woman_boy:

2 Likes

Hello @Mimiemerson Welcome to our community forum, your home and location sounds idyllic, mountains, river and most of all a wonderful menagerie of fur, hair and feathers …

Please share some photos.

You have certainly come to the right place for help and support with your TrustedHousesitters journey and we cannot wait to get to know you better. Enjoy the conversations and connecting with other members and don’t be afraid to ask questions we were all new once and we’re on this amazing journey together.

Welcome again.

Angela and the Team

3 Likes

!

Ok, you asked for it - a pic!!! (As a new participant here, I’m not able to load more than one image per post…)
My place, at sunrise a few months ago - just to give folks a flavor my setting, here.

7 Likes

The sky always looks so big … beautiful, thank you so much for sharing.

Looks so inviting.

1 Like

Excited, my “trust level” just got increased for this Forum, so hoping I can post a couple more pics of our place here.
New Hampshire, in winter - and pretty, all the same. And yes - that’s me with my two corgis. The dogs come along on trips, so - housesitters look after the cats, horses, chickens and ‘farmyard’!
That last pic is a recent sunset, from our west-facing little deck.

10 Likes

Welcome. Happy to have more homeowners join! Your place looks beautiful

1 Like

Hi, and thanks for your message!
I’m not enough of a traveler to do “home swaps” - though it sounds like a great idea for folks who are true “explorers of the world”.
My excursions are mostly local/regional, lasting 1-2 weeks, with an occasional longer trip (eg 4-6 weeks) in continental USA/Canada, using my travel trailer.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome, Mimiemerson!
My husband and I are “on the road” sitters, currently with a sweet pup over on the west side of Vermont on Lake Champlain. Your place sounds wonderful, as we are “horse people” and always love to be around them. Just curious about your travel trailer…we have a 13’ Scamp that we love dearly!
I’d be happy to assist with any THS questions that you might have, as this has been our primary source of fabulous New England sits for the past 5 years!
Again…welcome!
Jan and Gary in Vergennes, Vermont

2 Likes

Hi, Jan and Gary!

Thanks for your cheery message. I feel so fortunate to have discovered THS - it is clearly a community, in the best sense, in today’s “virtual world”.

As for my trailer - and trailer camping - they are utterly new to me. I bought an Escape 17B (17’ fiberglass trailer with bath and kitchen) in fall of 2019. Have barely used it, so far.
Now, with THS as a resource, and my trailer beckoning to me (along with some places in Massachusetts where I love to visit), I’m having fun planning my little adventures.

I also really love my place and community here, so it’s not easy to “tear myself away” - and, it’ll be fun to share it with housesitters. I can tell that the folks who stay here will simply become ‘extended family members’.

Again, thanks for your friendly message - who knows, perhaps we will meet, sometime. FWIW - your Scamp (and you!) are always welcome to stop by for a little while, I have plenty of nice, level turf for you to set up camp. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers -
Mimi and critters…

3 Likes

Wow! The Escapes are wonderful! Prior to downsizing to the Scamp we had a 26’ Born Free Class C motor home. It was perfect for full time living, as we served as Volunteer Camp hosts for 3 summers at Button Bay State Park. We came to appreciate the advantages of it’s fiberglass construction! When we decided to pet sit year round it became clear that we needed to downsize to be able to fit into the average driveway! Our Scamp fits anywhere!

You are correct about the connections here becoming extended family. Most of our sits these days are repeats where we are “Auntie Jan and Uncle Gary” to our 4-legged and feathered friends! Thanks for the camping invitation. I’m sure our paths will cross in the future! :grin:
J & G

1 Like

Oh boy…I have a friend moving to Boston and another friend that lives in Cape Cod. If I ever make it to New England, I would love to house sit for you! I love that area!

1 Like

Thanks for your message - am just getting used to the idea of being freed up to travel, so haven’t much in the plans for this year.
Sure is nice knowing that folks are interested in looking after things “here on the farm” - it is a nice spot, and I will do what I can to ensure it’s a “good sit” for whoever ends up hunkering down here for a spell.

1 Like

Welcome. I am new to the forum but been with TSH since 2017. I did take 2020 off. I’m back now and hope that travel gets up and running soon.
Enjoy

3 Likes

I must have replied on someone else’s thread? It should say “experienced sitter finally joining forum”

Oops

1 Like

Hi there, fellow New Hampshire-ite!
Yes, it looks like these comments of yours are “within” my thread, which I started back in February.
I see that you’ve now started a new thread, titled appropriately - great!
Great to hear you’ve been with TSH for so many years, and had so many positive house-sitting gigs. Impressive!
If you’re ever interested in farm-sitting at my place (just over an hour north of you) - it could be good for both of us! I live in Piermont, NH. Along the Connecticut River.
Wishing you all the best, no matter where you ‘alight’!!!

1 Like

Hi @scoburn946 we really don’t mind what the reply said we’re just very happy to welcome you to the Forum, thank you for joining and you are not too late the rest of our community have yet to join and so you are here at the very beginning.

We cannot wait to get to know you better and share in your TrustedHousesitters journey. Enjoy the conversations and connecting with other members.

Angela & The Team