Hi From The US

My name’s Amanda, I’m from Maryland. I have just recently joined TrustedHousesitters and have my first sit coming up later this summer in England. I’m open to pointers and advice and to hear anyone’s stories. Hope you all have a beautiful day! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome @PandasTravels! I too am new to THS and we are on our 2nd sit. We reside in Massachusetts and are staying local to New England for now as we are having a house built. I look forward to the time when we can sit in other countries.

There’s lots of information to read in the forum for pointers and advice! I’ve been reading so much and it’s been quite helpful and as helped me secure the right suited sits for us.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Hi Amanda and welcome! Where in England will you be? I’m from New York, but am spending the summer in the U.K.
You’ll hear the refrain often here…communication. You’ll want to try to cover as many bases as possible with the owners prior to arrival and establish what sort of communication they want while they’re gone. There are lists of sample questions you can use as a springboard on this forum and I believe on the website as well. Look for those and then let us know if you still have questions.
Good luck and enjoy!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I love there is so much information on this forum. I’m excited and nervous and all those good feelings. I miss traveling and excited to have this opportunity. I’ll definitely let you know how it goes. :slight_smile:

Congrats on the new house by the way. That’s exciting!

2 Likes

Welcome @PandasTravels You might want to post your England location and dates on the forum post below. That way, you might have an opportunity to meet other THS members and share stories and tips.

Meetup opportunities - United Kingdom

2 Likes

Thank you! And thank you for the forum link! That’s awesome and would be fun to meet others. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! This forum has been awesome so far!
I will be in London. :slight_smile:
Are you going a little bit of everywhere?

2 Likes

I hope to spend a little time in London on my own, but so far my sits are in mostly rural areas. And I have my first farm sit coming up — very excited about that! Enjoy your time in London.

2 Likes

Hi @PandasTravels and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and the community forum. Enjoy your upcoming trip to England :england: 🙂

1 Like