Hi. Ian and Ingrid here

We are based in the UK and now on our second formal pet sit, having done it for friends and family in the past.

We have had successful careers in project and property management and find this lends itself well to pet and house sitting where attention to detail is important.

Both our initial pet sits couldn’t have been a more pleasant introduction to the world of pet sitting. Both families were lovely with good communications and the pets (the 1st a Labrador cross, then 2 cats) were delightful to sit and were pretty much trouble free.

Looking forward to more lovely pet encounters and travels now we have some time on our hands.

8 Likes

@ianninga hello and welcome to the Forum! Congratulations on getting those first couple of sits…and it sounds like you are well on your way to finding many more! I agree with you regarding your career experience and how this can really help you with what might arise during a sit. You already know what to do with household problems and I am sure you know what to do if there was a problem with a furbaby.

I took a peek at your profile, and oh my gosh, I absolutely love the first pic with the lab and how he is looking up at Ian. A picture is worth a thousand words and this one proves how much love we, as sitters, can provide to our “temporary” family members.

I noticed you have not linked your member profile to your forum profile which can give you so much more exposure to other members here for reaching out directly or for any feedback they may have to help you along the way. To do so, just go to How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile - Owner & Sitter Exchange - TrustedHousesitters Community Forum and follow the easy steps.

All our members here are more than willing to help you with any questions or concerns you may have and all you have to do is ask, or even use the search icon where you can find so much information already addressed.

Keep up the good work and make sure you post pics along the way of all your adventures in this wonderful world of petsitting!

1 Like

Many thanks Debbie and for the advice, now linked.

Will post pics of the 2 fur balls we are currently sitting once the sit is finished and we have their owners permission:-)

10 Likes

@ianninga they are adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope you enjoyed your first couple of sits and a belated welcome to the Community Forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi! welcome! your cats are adorable!

2 Likes

Many thanks.

Both sits were great and whilst we won’t become pet sit nomads any time soon, we do intend doing a few sits a year:-)

Thanks, not ours unfortunately, they were our second sit.

I did have to check the wife’s bag before we left them though, in case she borrowed one:-)