Hi, I'm Michelle from Ithaca, NY

Hi all! I’m new to Trusted Housesitters community, my name is Michelle Norman, and I’m thrilled to be a part of this forum. :smiley:

Although I’m new to the platform, I’ve had lots of experience taking care of pets. During my studies, I frequently looked after my neighbors’ cats and dogs. Spending time with these lovable animals always brought a smile to my face, and it taught me a lot about how to be a responsible and attentive pet-sitter.

In addition to pet-sitting, I also occasionally volunteer at a local shelter. It’s another way for me to give back to the animal community and to help out furry friends in need.

In fact, my love of animals inspired me to start a blog where I share events related to pets and my experiences with them.

Moving forward, I’m excited to use Trusted Housesitters to explore new places and meet new furry friends. I’m considering traveling to different states or even Europe for a break, and I can’t wait to see what kind of adventures await me there.

I’m truly grateful to be a part of this community and to connect with people who love animals and love travel as well. Thank you for welcoming me, and I can’t wait to get to know you all better! :smiley:

Edited to meet posting guidelines.

8 Likes

Hello, @michellenorman welcome to the community forum and it is lovely to have you here.

You can use the spyglass to search and contribute to previous topics and you can connect with like-minded members, who are super helpful at offering advice on how to get started with your TrustedHousesitters journey.

I am unable to see a membership for you, if you need help joining the site then please do not hesitate to let me know. You can then add your THS sitters profile link to your forum profile, that way other members can offer you feedback and tips.

Here is how to do that:

https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

It sounds like you have some awesome pet care experiences to share. Where are you hoping to head to for your first sit and is there a particular type of pet you would like to care for?

1 Like

Hi @michellenorman - I spy corgis in your community forum profile! We had one when I was young, seeing others about always makes me smile.

3 Likes

HI @michellenorman , I predict you are going to love it here. There is so much to learn here on the forum. Enjoy perusing the postings. As @Carla , mentions, do use the spy glass to search topics of interest. Many subjects have been discussed in detail.

When you add your profile to your forum profile, you can also add a link to your blog. Many of us would enjoy reading about your adventures!

3 Likes

Welcome Michelle, I can truly hear your excitement about your housesitting adventures that you can’t wait to plan. We have been housesitting with THS for almost 6 years now, we’ve had non stop fun, living the dream and constantly pinching ourselves about the locations we’ve visited thanks to Housesitting, the gorgeous loving pets we’ve cared for and also the lovely pet parents we’ve met and made life time friends with along the way. Looking forward to hearing how your housesitting journey goes. Julie

3 Likes