Hi! Newbie Here - House/Pet Sitter Introduction!

Hi Everyone!

It’s good to e-meet you! My name is Jackie, I’m 26, and currently live in Wisconsin (yes, the land of cheese!). I work remotely for a non-profit organization and I absolutely love it. However, I’m looking to step away from my own home for a while to visit new places, create memories, make connections, and of course, care for our beautiful fur-babies!

I’m new to this platform but I have experience pet sitting for neighbors, close family and friends! Feel free to reach out if you are in need of a sitter, I’m open to going anywhere but I would prefer a warmer location for the next few months (Nov-Jan).

If you know of Wisconsin, you know it gets COLD and dark! So I’m definitely looking to get some vitamin SEA and lots of sun! haha

5 Likes

Hi Jackie,

Welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters thank you for joining us from Wisconsin.

A pet sitting lifestyle and remote working is the pawfect combination, pardon the pet related pun. I live a remote working, pet sitting lifestyle and the only requirement which is a must have is a good internet connection, with that in place I can effectively work anywhere in the world and I have, including Canada, the States, Australia and many European countries.

Sitting a dog can actually bring a really good work/life balance into the day … you cannot sit down immediately in front of your device, pets have a "captive ’ audience and the company that many have been used to, especially during the pandemic.

Enjoy connecting with our members from around the world and we look forward to sharing in your new THS adventure.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

Hi @Jackie welcome!
This is a great time to explore opportunities as the world opens up. There are a lot of great destinations right now so have fun looking and selecting your perfect sit.

Hi @Jackie! Welcome - I’m new too, but on the other side of the fence - not a sitter, but looking for sitters. It’s great that you want to explore and have the ability to do that remotely. I have also been working remotely for almost 2 years now and love it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello new here as well. I’ve always wanted to travel and i love pets…especially dogs! My name is Angie and I live in the United States, in Illinois close to St. Louis, MO.

3 Likes

Welcome @Travellover.Angie like your handle!

Where do you want to go first?

2 Likes

Hi @Travellover.Angie welcome to our community forum thank you for joining us from St. Louis … a pet and house sitting lifestyle is such a great way to connect with pets & people and experience places in the most authentic way, slow travel living like a local with pet companionship, your camera will be forever focussed!

When first starting out we advise sitting locally if you can, it isn’t always possible, logistically but it’s a way to get experience and build up reviews, which owners look for when selecting their sitter until you can THS reviews to your profile it a good idea to add external references, quality is better than quantity.

We frequently survey owners asking what attracts them to sitters when looking at profiles and almost top of their list is seeing sitters pictured with pets, especially their lead image.

There are great articles on the website blog to help you get started and you’ll find our community really helpful and supportive.

Enjoy connecting with members from around the world and welcome to TrustedHousesitters, we look forward to sharing in your new adventure.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

After doing a few local places here in the states I want to go to Ireland and England, but i eventually want to move to Ireland someday.