How can I delete a reference?

Hi, My name is Dawn and I am completely new to this platform although I have done house and pet sitting by word of mouth in Spain, where I emigrated from Cornwall, UK, nearly five years ago. Other than additions that I’ll make to my profile at a later date (soon!) everything is going well with the exception of one of my references. I requested it from an elderly lady for whom I both pet and house sat a few years ago and she has replied as if I am her cleaner - also called Dawn - so the reference is completely useless to me but showing up on my profile. Can someone tell me how to remove it please. Many thanks! Dawn xx

1 Like

You should contact THS members services and explain the situation. They may be able to assist you, but I don’t think that members can delete references on their own.

3 Likes

Hi Dawn welcome to our community forum it’s great to have you join from Spain and also welcome to TrustedHousesitters. The pet and housesitting experience you’ve had since arriving in Spain will be excellent content for your profile.

What a shame about your referee, we had something similar happen to another new member a little while ago Membership Services will be able to help you with this, please email and put the message for the attention of Katie-MembershipServices who will get it removed.

Thank you again for joining, enjoy connecting with members from around the world and we look forward to sharing in your new TrustedHousesitters adventure.

Angela and the Team

3 Likes

Thank you for responding fellow sitter

Thank you. I did email member services yesterday but only have a generic response so far. I will try again FAO Katie as you suggest.

2 Likes