How do I apply for a sit please?

Hi everyone I am new to this site & so far I am struggling with how to apply or how to contact an owner? I found the perfect pet sit in a location we really hoped for but I don’t know how to apply for any pet sits? Please can anyone help with what to do? Many thanks

1 Like

You should find all the information you need on the website and I believe there are easy to follow videos that tell you what to do. However, firstly you should ensure you have a good profile. When you apply to a sit you think would be a good fit for you, ensure you have read it properly and you can complete the tasks/responsibilities. Click into the dates and write a friendly application just as you would if applying for a job, addressing the owner by name and personalising it by including some of the things in the listing and the animals by name (if named). Ask a question or two and say you look forward to hearing from them. Then click ‘apply now’, to which you’ll get a message ‘are you sure’ (or something) then click ok.
It really is very straightforward. Good luck!
Oh and there is a 5 applicant rule so if by the time you apply 5 applicants have applied before you, your application won’t go through

3 Likes

Hi @FullOfLove8 - Welcome to the group. Just to clarify that this group and the trusted housesitter site are two separate things. Have you actually joined the site and paid your membership yet? Once you have done this you will have more information available to you about the sits that will enable you to start to apply.

If you have not joined yet, these may help you.

3 Likes

I think the limit has (thankfully!) been increased - I recently received 7 applicants at once.

@weg - It has not been increased but if more than five happen to be writing their application at exactly the same time then all are allowed to be sent and received by the home host.

It is good to read that is working as promised though ! :grinning:

1 Like

Ah, so I was one of the lucky few. Thanks for the info!

Thank you so much for your help & clarification. All the best to you

1 Like

Really? Well I didn’t know that @Angela_L is that correct?

Hi @Smiley no the 5 applications has not changed and @Colin has answered …

1 Like