How Do You Find The Best Name For Your Purrfect Tuxey Feline?

Ah, Tuxedo cats: with their trademark white paws and chest, these fancy little felines look fit for an evening of espionage (or ready to square off against a Bond villain!). And honestly? We are here for it.

Tuxedo cats are much more than their dapper exterior, however. Tuxies (as they are affectionately known) are friendly, talkative, and as unique as they come. They even have a reputation to be almost dog-like in nature! And so, finding good Tuxedo cat names that truly do your new kitten’s wonderful personality proud is a must.

1913496_10152906738329348_1422731752301061606_o

10431293_10152891389489348_1668091548379681598_o

5 Likes

I so wish I wasn’t allergic to these beautiful creatures!

2 Likes

I never knew they were ‘a thing’! How cute!

1 Like

We called ours Fripouille which translates to rascal because she seemed very mischievous when we adopted her at the pound. She turned out to be the sweetest most affectionate cat ever.

We adopted her sister at the same time and called her Cassiopée (like the constellation) because her eyes made her look like stars in a night sky and she seemed peaceful as a starry night. She turned out to be a very mischievous cat :smiley:

6 Likes

@gchampagne your pictures are lovely, thank you for sharing. I love how much thought you put into their names. Thank you so much for choosing to save a life and adopting both of them from a shelter. Such beautiful kitties :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Thanks. Over the years since our first cat in 1987 we have always adopted our cats from the SPCA. These two also had 2 brothers at the shelter which we almost adopted. But it would have been too much for our 17 year old cat at home to have to deal with 4 very young cats. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So sweet, I’m sure those other 2 kitties found loving homes too. Was your first kitty also a Tuxedo cat?

1 Like

The one we already had was in fact our fifth cat. When I met my wife I had three cats and she had two. We had to place my youngest with friends when we moved in together as we thought it would be a bit much trying to find an apartment with five cats. :slightly_smiling_face: Over the years we had to say goodbye to three of the cats all around 19 years old. When we were left with one that’s when we adopted Cassiopée and Fripouille and she was our first and only tuxedo cat.

3 Likes

oh wow so many kitties, I love it! :cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes