How I relate to abbreviations

So many times people post abbreviations for a meaning and I am left thinking “What on earth does that stand for”! :face_with_spiral_eyes: Think I’m old :rofl:

That deserves a LMFAO @ziggy :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Cuttlefish oooh I know what THAT one means!! :rofl::face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy:

I don’t! :joy::rofl:

I completely agree with you @ziggy and am always having to google to find out!

:pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thank you! Sometimes I get behind the meaning but most times I don’t.

I watched that, it was really funny, Gail is hilarious. :joy:

@ziggy love this! :rofl::rofl:

So what does it mean then?

@ziggy a great point. I’m learning more abbreviations from being on the forum, and Google fills me in on ones I don’t know, although it often gives me a range of answers for the same abbreviation.

It took me a long time to figure out PNW (Pacific North West) and in earlier years, WFH (working from home).

I don’t think age is the only factor, so don’t be too hard on yourself.

1 Like

@Smiley definitely not something I can post here sorry :rofl::joy:

@Snowbird I actually had to ask on the Forum what PNW meant! Not coming from the USA, that was a hard one! The WFH I had to Google lol

I don’t mind being older, it gets a laugh sometimes when I ask certain questions that to a “youngun” sounds ridiculous :rofl:

1 Like

Message me then please :grinning:

@ziggy I had to smile just now as I was reading a post where the homeowner was abbreviated to ‘ho’ (exactly as I’ve shown it here - not HO). I really doubt any female owner would appreciate being called that, and @Smiley, I’m not explaining it here. Just check the dictionary, if you don’t know the meaning of that word. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :wink:

FYI, FWIW, IDK! …IYKYK :wink:

@Snowbird

You reminded me of a time when a friend’s young child was told at school to do their mum a card telling them what a hero she was

His spelling was still very early days, he came home and proudly handed her this…

2 Likes

@Snowbird that’s funny :joy: I’m always very cautious when writing HO and not ho for sure! A very elderly friend of mine always ends her sentences with lol lol lol lol like she’s really REALLY happy with a comment, every.time. :rofl:

@Colin I got all bar the last one which I then had to Google so I didn’t know you know? :wink: Your friends young child must laugh now looking back on that drawing :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Question on The Chase (UK quiz show) yesterday - contestant got it right.

YEKIOYD

Brownie points if you get it without Google!

Oh @Shannon THAT one will do my head in if I don’t Google it! :rofl: Woops! I Googled it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: