How often do sitters update their profile?

How often do sitters rejig their profile?
I mean things like changing photos, changing profile description etc.
Just curious and thought it would make a light hearted discussion :grinning:

1 Like

Haha I probably updated mine 20 times in my first 2 weeks of joining THS as I read more of the forum threads and took note of the advice that was being shared. I also read reviews by HOs of other sitters and noted what was a priority for many HOs and added a sentence or two about these things if it applied to me. It took me until being a member for 3 weeks to realise that I could move the positions of my photos to get the best ‘array’ when a HO 1st clicks on my profile……tbh I’ll continue to tinker with it as I complete my first confirmed sits this summer/autumn which I’m excited about. As I accumulate 5* reviews :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::star_struck: I’ll probably edit down my profile as it probably won’t need to be quite so detailed or expansive.

3 Likes

We try and remember to change our dates and headline info and where we are once a month so it’s current. Pics reshuffle or refresh a couple of times a year and sometimes when you log on there are new fields to fill in so do those too. New breeds/walk times/dog weights etc We mostly use the app so only when on the website do we fiddle around with profile stuff :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

Probably not often enough -we recently had a re- read of our profile and realised that it still read as if we were new to the THS platform Now that we have 14 sits and 5 star reviews under our belt , we rewrote some of it .
We do often add in a new photo of us and a pet from a sit to keep it fresh but it means that we have to delete one of the previous ones .

2 Likes

As a casual user, I look at mine before I start looking for sits.

I find at least one typo, if I change nothing else :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

To begin with I changed our profile on a monthly basis, as I got better images with more sits, and also to tweak the wording a little, to base it more around our new ‘pet-sitting life’, rather than our past-lives, I still include all the important stuff, just more about pet-sitting rather than our own beloved pets in the past. A year on, I think I am probably done tweaking… probably :blush:

4 Likes

I updated frequently when new to THS, to better land sits. I’d also add photos of sit pets, but I’ve hit the limit.

Now, I have a year+ of sitting and 14 five-star reviews and getting sits is pretty easy. Plus, I’m effectively booked for the rest of 2024, since I don’t sit during year-end holidays.

1 Like

So based on comments I shouldn’t have used my twenty year old tinder photo? :rofl:.

8 Likes

Umm, about once every 10 years :confused:

3 Likes

I added photographs of pets I’ve sat for. If there was more space for more photos, I’d add them all.

1 Like

We updated ours a little after a few sits but haven’t changed it since.
We get loads of invites and are very successful on the few occasions we actually apply for sits.
I think our photos just simply sum up who we are and HO must like it.

1 Like

I just looked , your photos are out of some sweet romantic novel of sunshine and goodness :sunglasses:

1 Like

Message for you above :arrow_up: @Hallt64

1 Like

Mills and Boon :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Occasionally, when I get inspired, triggered, or reminded by other forum members writing about something I find worth including in my profile.

2 Likes

I update the text and photos on mine every few months.

1 Like

I really should update our text- its been 5 years!!

4 Likes

Bet you have some pet sitting tales from 5 years? :smile:

1 Like

1 1/2 years on here and I just updated mine to include the sits I’ve done and that I’m a non smoker as I see that on lots of HO’s information…looking for non smoking sitters.

2 Likes

@Hallt64 Yes absolutely! 100+ sits in 10 countries! This thread is really making me think I need to get my act together and seriously update our profile!! So much water under the bridge since joining! But believe me- it took a whole year to complete our profile initially so I have a bit of a block in taking action now!!:rofl::joy::rofl: Seriously we’d already paid the first renewal before we applied for, and got, our first sit- Xmas 2018/19! But since then we’ve never looked back! :star_struck: I did update our status when we got married in 2020 & added a wedding pic- and I also changed our profile pic once-but that’s the extent of the profile update! Some hosts still expect us to roll up in our motorhome- which we actually sold in 2019!! Whoops! But its never stopped us getting sits as our applications are detailed and our reviews tell the rest! But…one of these days!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes