Tweaking your profile or listing

Does anyone tweak their profile or listing every now and again?

I’ve been on this forum for a considerable time now and thought it was about time to reread our profile with the eye of a considerable more informed sitter. Things definitely needed changed and updated.

1 Like

@ElsieDownie Yes, I check our profiles (both HO and HS) each time before I post new dates for needing a sitter and before I apply for a sit. I make sure all information is still accurate, and I even update photos. If I’m applying for a sit with cats only, I’ll mostly post pictures of me/us on previous sits with cats. If it’s a sit for a large dog, I’ll have pictures of us with playing with a great dane, training a 150lb. Bernese Mountain dog, or walking a Weimaraner in snow. If I make furniture or bedding changes to our house, I’ll update that too.
I look at is as similar to a resume for a job, it needs to be accurate and updated!

1 Like

Good point about changing the pictures. Most of mine are dogs or poultry and of course yachts and gliders. Never thought about making it more personal to the sit I’m applying for. Thank you for that tip.

1 Like

Yes I do every so often. Our profile is quite lengthy and tells a lot about us, our interests, etc. and I notice some sitter profiles are much shorter but so far it’s worked for us!

Yes, definitely

1 Like

Me. I review it before any new application and tweak if necessary to be more in alignment with perspective HO. I change pics and update it now about every couple of months.

1 Like

We joined THS 20 days ago. I spent ~2 days writing and polishing our profile before taking it live. Since then, I’ve tweaked and revised it countless times, often based on what I’ve learned from the many kind and helpful posts in this forum.

Not only do I think ours is now a better profile, this forum has enhanced planning for our actual future sit and helped us to better address HS needs, wants and concerns (luggage rack and coffee haha). Thank you, everyone!

7 Likes

We’ve always done this at the beginning of each year … like a spring clean of our profile, but also whenever we change location. I think it’s a good habit to get into to make sure everything is current, relevant and any new pet or other skills are updated. I also review and update our photos (although have to admit haven’t done this in the last year… but it’s on the list :slight_smile: )

This is a good tip for everyone… thanks for the reminder!

3 Likes

Yes. We are new here, but have been long time browsers before paying for the service. It actually took me a few days to realize my lock screen on my laptop is of my 5yo with a dog… which I need to add to our profile because she loves dogs… A LOT.

I’ve also tweaked things to include stuff I thought was normal, like she doesn’t wet the bed (which apparently isn’t common, but she’s had no issues since the age of 2, thank you cloth diapers as a babe).

As I find more photos or get ideas from the forum I add to our profile. Looking forward to applying and hopefully meeting some animals soon as she just asked to see my father and the three dogs at my parents house! :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Yes, I update mine from time to time. I add new photos, delete old ones and add new information as necessary.

1 Like