In APP Chat with Home Owners

THS is great but App is soooo clunky. I always give my contact to homeowners because app sends either redundant messages or doesnt send them at all but the real problem is not being able to DM/ PM or chat with home owners!

Particularly if they and you are flexible and trying to arrange long term sits. You have no way to DM them and let them know you could do their sit if they adjusted it by a day etc. @THS fix this!

1 Like

Once youā€™ve confirmed a sit then you should exchange contact numbers. I generally use WhatsApp or messenger to correspond with owners

1 Like

Thatsā€™s just the way it is now; if published sit dates overlap a confirmed sit by even one day, theres no possibility for contact.

We fell foul of this recently when a sit was cut short by a day, we saw a fabulous sit which started on the new day of departure but just couldnt contact the HO since the dates hadnt yet been amended.

We too have seen sits where dates are described as ā€˜flexibleā€™, but thereā€™s no way of negotiating if you already have a confirmed sit which overlaps by even one day. Itā€™s very frustrating!

2 Likes

For all other homeowners out there, Iā€™ve taken to posting ā€œholdingā€ dates for a one-night stay. I then use the description to explain our travel plans and also link to the new rule about messaging and overlaps.

So far it hasnā€™t given me many workable connections, but it at least allows for a channel of communication with sitters who might have conflicts.

2 Likes