Insurance cover

Hi all,
I’m thinking about becoming a house sitter because I love travel, pets and people. I am wondering about what insurance I need or should be asking homeowners about.
What do you have in place? What would I need to cover, for example, if a dog accidentally pulled me over or ran into me resulting in injury? THS insurance doesn’t cover this.
Thanks in advance
Sally

That kind of thing depends on jurisdiction.

For me, medical treatment would be covered according to local rules as long as I was in the EU + some other countries (the European Health Insurance Card).

Hi @SallyfromSuffolk

I think that ongoing problems (ie. beyond immediate medical assistance) caused by the things you mention might be covered under some sort of life insurance/critical illness policy which includes personal accident, or possibly under a travel insurance policy if you have either of those. I doubt that you would be able to make a claim against a home owner’s insurance for ongoing problems caused by something that a dog has done to you whilst the owners are potentially thousands of miles away, and the dog is technically in your care.

There have also been threads recently about dogs chewing sitters’ shoes etc. beyond repair. Named items can be covered away from home under your contents insurance. The only thing I cover is a laptop - anything else I keep out of reach!

With regards to animals causing damage to a third party whilst in your care, this is a useful link: