Introducing Jayne & Paul to the Forum

Hello fellow lovers of the furry (scaly, feathered, etc) cuties.

I’ve been poking around on the forum for a couple of weeks now and I want to thank the powers that be for setting it up for us and the admins/hosts etc for donating their personal time to support it. I’m finding the topics interesting, the comments enlightening, and the participants polite and friendly - yeah!

I’m Jayne, my partner is Paul. We’re Canadian, in our mid-50’s and recently retired. We’ve both had a variety of pets throughout our lives, love almost all of the beasties (cant bring myself to touch a rat yet, maybe someday…) and believe puppers are just the most lovely beings on earth. I’ve been with TH since 2017 and thought it was the bees knees from the 1st time I heard of it. My wasband and I sat together until 2018, I continued on my own after we split, and my new partner, Paul, started tagging along last year and he loves it.

We lost our beautiful senior fur-babies during covid. We were heartbroken and exhausted; we decided to take a break before jumping right back in. We later decided to hold off for a year while we test-drive the travel/sitting nomad lifestyle. Thank you TH because we can’t imagine how we could travel extensively if it meant giving up furry companionship. So far, it’s been fab! The doggos have been a delight and their families almost equally so :wink:

We’re looking forward to the adventures and challenges of the coming year. I’m really glad to have this community to bounce things off of when questions/concerns arise :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hi Jayne, welcome to our community forum … a THS member since 2017 we’re so glad you’ve arrived you must have some wonderful experiences to share, we look forward to getting to know more about your TrustedHousesitters journey.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your beloved pets, your story of loss and finding joy once again through pet sitting is so familiar, it is also my story when I lost my beloved Springer Holly and I now have numerous four & two legged friends all over the world … oh and did I say I’m also Canadian :wink:

Enjoy being here and connecting with our forum community members …

We are looking forward to following and sharing in your adventures …

2 Likes