January sits

Decent area of Lanzarote as well for public transport into Arrecife (the capital). I know Lanzarote pretty well as I lived there for a few years a while back.

Hi @RR12345
I did Crete last January for a cat sit. It was very pleasant mid january with temperatures in the high teens to low 20’s during the day. The only issue was there weren’t any direct flights so I needed to fly athens.
Off to the Algarve for January coming on a repeat sit. Hoping the weather will be better than the UK although sadly the non heated outdoor pool will be a little too cold for me to use!

@RR12345 Re- The Lanzarote sit that others have mentioned- the owner wants a live in sitter to assist with dog care & the they will be there all the time! Would be a good Workaway type offer but not a proper THS sit!

I have just read it as I will be on holiday in Lanzarote for 4 weeks.
I am not going to report the listing as he has openly stated his requirements

Isn’t that against THS rules for the owner to be there?

Enjoy @Itchyfeet :sunglasses::clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Who knows these day? I am done with reporting sits direct to Membership Services.

2 Likes

@Itchyfeet @Twitcher I agree. The host is open about his requirements so no surprises. Probably against THS t&cs but if someone wants to do it why not? Not a sit for me though!:joy:

Oh!- I didnt rrad the details :pensive:

Xmas is ulta busy for owners & sitters. There is a big lull 6 weeks before & 6 weeks after.

We were chatting with an American dog owner, walking her dogs in Puerto Vallarta, where she now lives. She told us about HouseSitMexico today. We might join! Lots of Sits in Mexico.

2 Likes

Just saw 3 months in Nassau, Bahamas

1 Like

Looks idyllic!! Although already under review @STH :rofl::rofl: #nowthatwasfast #darnit

Oh cool I’ll check this out - thanks!

I had searches on but by the time I get the emails they’re already reviewing :frowning:

Wish THS would address this

2 Likes

@RR12345 The email alerts come once per day. Those are generated by Saved searches that you create on the web interface.

You can get faster notifications by creating Saved searches in the app. Those should generate a notification within an hour on your phone. It does not always work, some (or maybe many or most) android users do not get such notifications.

“Reviewing status” is set by THS when five applications have come in. It is misleading, because it does not mean that the HO is reviewing anything. It just means that there is a block against opening the application page. For popular listings, that can happen much faster than an hour.

2 Likes

come to NZ or Australia - full on summer ! The kids are on school holidays til February.

Not that great weather so far this year (I’m travelling/housesitting in NZ) & she said she doesn’t want to do long haul

I LOVE your hashtags!

#everyonesawinner #heretopleasemyfriend :rofl::raised_hands:t3::heart: @mars

1 Like

I messaged support because I got an alert for one of my saved searches. Immediately it arrived I clicked to look at it but it wasn’t there. I searched & it still didn’t turn up. I got the standard responses from support who said the owner hadn’t yet found a sitter but it had been paused. Why couldn’t I see it then? That isn’t the first time this kind of thing has happened. Admittedly I use the website so will try the app again (I dislike it!)