Joy from being a member

This platform and forum spark so much joy.
All the love.
All the beautiful humans, pets and homes.
All the connections.
The spirit of adventure & caring.
It’s all amazing.
I’ve been quietly observing this forum for months and months.
And just that experience by itself has been a gift on its own!

Now, I’m ready to introduce myself and offer up the ability to be a sitter for your wonderful pets this August anywhere in Europe.

CONFESSION - I’ve been in an accident recently and I am still in recovery — so I am really dreaming of the beach holiday while taking care of your fluff for the rest of the summer!

ABOUT ME - I’m a 25-year-old and soon it will be 10 years for me living in the beautiful city of Prague. I travelled quite a lot - studied in Dublin for 3 years, and spend 2 years in Puerto Rico. I miss travelling and I would love to do it this summer. I work as a real estate agent, owe a tutoring agency and a flower store. I love a good coffee, cooking and baking, reading and generating new business ideas. My most incredible trip so far has been to Peru and I am a big Pisco Sour lover.

MY EXPERIENCE WITH THS - I could not be more grateful for finding this platform. Me and my husband are in the process of building a house now so we decided to mostly travel this year. So far we have been doing sits in Denmark (for our favourite bulldog Cleo), Portugal (with 2 amazing cats & 2 dogs), Switzerland (we have been taking care of 14 y.o westie terrier), Spain (taking care of 2 giant Main Coons that we will never forget) and Malaysia (we had 1 month sit with a very funny & vocal cat Zara)
We are super excited to continue learning and visiting different parts of the world, meeting pet owners and building amazing connections with them.

To sum it all up — I’m so grateful to have found this platform and excited to hopefully meet new friends and pets around the world! :earth_americas:

12 Likes

Beautiful. Just perfecto.
It is a joy to see you finally come forth here and I wish you wonderful travels, joyful pets and a happy loving home.

2 Likes

Such a lovely post @anutaa_i :blush::grin::white_heart:.
I too am so grateful of the TH site.
Each sit we do i feel of surge of gratefulness for being in such a lovely place at that time, for the HO for entrusting us with their pets & giving us the opportunity. It really does open up heartfelt opportunities.
Prague is also somewhere id like to visit.
Good luck with your membershio & the opportunities it will open up for you.

1 Like

Hello @anutaa_i and welcome back to the forum. It sounds like a lot has been happening in your life since you were last here but we absolutely love your positivity and generous words!

Building a house is a challenge in itself! I know because we are currently building a tiny house in France on a piece of land we bought during the pandemic. Are you building it yourselves, with help or do you have professionals? I’m imagining the latter given the full lives you lead house sitting and travelling!

Peru is still on our travel list together (my partner has been) … but apart from Pisco Sours, what did you particularly love about your trip and the country?

Have dropped a link here for your cocktail (including some history of its origin) in case anyone wants a new idea for summer drinks! I’m a big fan of bitters so think I’ll be trying this!

Enjoy the forum and continue to enjoy life !!

5 Likes

Dear Vanessa,
Thank you for your kind message. Peru has an amazing authentic spirit. It is a very ancient place with an interesting history. Locals are absolutely lovely and friendly always ready to help and answer your questions. We were lucky that we came on a national holiday so there were a lot of parades and we got to see people dancing in their authentic costumes, it was colourful, bright and unforgettable. You will see locals going around with baby goats trying to offer you a cute picture and someone will try to offer you coca leaves which are supposed to help you heal your mountain sickness (which is unavoidable there, the first 2 days are tough). Their national dish is guinea pig (which is like chicken for us) but I haven’t had the guts to try it. Overall, I was surprised with the quality of food in the restaurants, everything is fresh and absolutely delicious. And of course Macchu Picchu! Still speechless… you will have to see yourself!!!
Cheers,
Anna

10 Likes

@anutaa_i You have painted a wonderful picture… you describe things beautifully and I’m sure one day it will make it onto our travel list! During your continuing travels, please do come back to post more pix share your travel stories over in our Travel category! Thanks again for sharing!!

3 Likes

@anutaa_i What a fabulous post! :slightly_smiling_face:
We also love Peru and have been lucky enough to visit on four occasions now so far.
On our first visit we headed to Cuzco for Christmas and enjoyed their Christmas Day parade, as you mentioned the people there are so lovely and friendly.

From here we visited Machu Picchu, and all I can say is just WOW!
Machu Picchu is an Incan citadel set high in the Andes Mountains in Peru, above the Urubamba River valley. Built in the 15th century and later abandoned, it’s renowned for its sophisticated dry-stone walls that fuse huge blocks without the use of mortar, intriguing buildings that play on astronomical alignments and panoramic views. Its exact former use remains a mystery. Also to preserve the site and keep tourism sustainable, there is a no-fly zone above Machu Picchu and a daily limit of 2,500 visitors per day with a one way walking system to reduce foot traffic.

We were also very lucky to be able to dine at the world’s second best restaurant as awarded by The World’s 50 Best Restaurants. The restaurant is called Central and is located in Lima, Peru. It was also voted Best Restaurant in South America in 2021.
We had the 17 course tasting menu with matching wines. The restaurant’s world-famous chef Virgilio Martinez takes diners on a gastronomic tour of the diverse ecosystems of his home country Peru, from Pacific coastal shores to the high Andes and the depths of the Amazon jungle. The produce is grown, foraged or raised from altitudes starting at 20 metres below sea level and rising to 4,100 metres, so that’s up to 13,500 feet. Like the Incas, Virgilio perceives land on a vertical rather than a horizontal plane.
I have to say I will never forget this experience, it truly was one of a kind.

In recent years, Peru especially Lima has become highly regarded within gastronomical circles, with no less than three of the top fifty best restaurants in the world located there. The photos below are from the Restaurant Huaca Pucllana which overlooks Huaca Pucllana, a sacred place, it is a great adobe and clay pyramid located in the Miraflores district of central Lima, Peru.

The photos below are from another one of our favourite restaurants in Miraflores, Lima called ámaZ Restaurante which is an Amazonian cuisine restaurant that wants to bring to the world the gastronomy, culture and inputs of this region.

Our favourite location to enjoy the unmissable Pisco Sour or one of the other many beautiful cocktails they serve is on the outdoor terrace at Cala at the Cto. de Playas, Barranco where you can listen to the sound of the waves and stare out over the South Pacific Ocean.

Of course one of my favourite places to visit in Miraflores, Lima is the Paddington Bear statue. My Paddington Bear always insists I take him there!! :sweat_smile:

Paddington Bear, from “darkest Peru” is the well loved main character in a series of children’s books by British author Michael Bond. In the first book published in 1958, Paddington left his native Peru and was found in Paddington Station in London. This statue was donated by the British Embassy in Lima to the Municipality of Miraflores as a symbol of the enduring friendship and cultural links between the UK and Peru. It was unveiled by the Lord Mayor of The City of London, Alan Yarrow, and the Mayor of Miraflores Jorge Muñoz, on Saturday 18 July 2015. The first time I took my Paddington Bear here one of the locals asked if they could take a photo of him with the statue, how lovely, and I think my little bear is having quite the world adventures as Michael Bond had dreamt for his little bear. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have to mention also all the wonderful dogs we met along the way during our times in Peru, here are a few photos of some of the new friends we made during our travels there.

If anyone is thinking of visiting Peru then we highly recommend :heart:

6 Likes

Hello,
I have not yet visited Peru and yet it is a country I have dreamed of since my childhood. I had a Machu Picchu poster in my room. Thank you to @Samox24 and @anutaa_i for your beautiful photos

1 Like

@Flora You are very welcome and I hope your wish to visit there comes true :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Wow Sam; What a wonderful mesmerizing adventure and such beautiful photos not only of these Earthly treasures but your gorgeous happy faces. You both radiate love and joy.

I propose you repost this in the travel section. It’s a beautiful story.

3 Likes

Awww thank you @Amparo :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Sam simply FAB-U-LOUS :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: … Thank you so much for taking us all to Peru and sharing the sights and sounds, stunning. :clap: :heart:

3 Likes