Hello from Bremen, Germany

Hey,
I am very excited to now being part of this amazing international community and I am also completely new to pet or house sitting in such a manner. So far I have only taken care of pets from friends but as I love pets and meeting new people very much and traveling, I was very happy when I found this amazing THS platform. What a perfect idea to create win-wins for people and pets.

Since 5 years I am a self-employed hypnotherapist. I just love to support people to reconnect to their inner wisdom and opening their heart so that they can free their beautiful spirit from old pain and start living a new life that is rich and fulfilling on all levels. As I am working a lot online, I can perfectly combine my work and THS. So great! :slight_smile:

This is why In 2023 I am planning to benefit from my new membership as much as possible taking care of beautiful pets and houses. I am very curious about where this will be.

Looking forward to meeting you,
Maren

6 Likes

@MarenAba hello and welcome to the forum. This is a wonderful community filled with extremely knowledgeable and experienced pet parents and sitters and I know they are ready to help you with any questions or concerns you might have.

I took a look at your profile and I would suggest that you try to include some pictures of you with pets so potential pet parents can see you interacting with them. This is very important as they want to know their babies will be well cared for. Also, I would suggest removing the phrase in your profile where you discuss a free place to stay and everyone knows and understands the concept but don’t necessarily want to think about it in that fashion.

I would also suggest you link your member profile to your forum profile here at How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile - Owner & Sitter Exchange - TrustedHousesitters Community Forum. This will allow other members to easily reach out and give you valuable feedback about your profile or questions you may have.

Good luck and happy pet sitting!

3 Likes

Thank you Debbie for these valuable tips. I’ve changed those things already except for the pictures where I need to search for a bit.

Best,
Maren

Welcome Maren

My second sit was looking after a parrot in Bremen. I loved the city - especially the many cycle paths - and hope to go back one day.

4 Likes

Hey Alicatorze,
That’s wonderful to hear. Thank you. Next time you are here, say hello.

Love Maren

1 Like

Welcome, @MarenAba! Wow, hypnotherapy?! That sounds … intriguing! Can you do something similar to calm animals and/or get them to bond with you?

Even though you’re new to TH, you can still ask people for external references. The more, the merrier!

Also, I’ve heard that PPs (pet parents) like to see photos of sitters with pets, especially the first photo. I don’t do this myself because I’m not a competitive sitter, but I can still believe it’s good. Just take a look at some fellow sitter profiles, and you’ll see different ways of expressing yourself.

Best of luck! And if you have trouble landing your first sit, just ask on the forums and people are happy to give more constructive criticism on your profile, tips, etc.

Hi @geoff.hom, thank you for these beautiful tips and I’ve already started to get some external references.

As to your hypnotherapy question, good question :slightly_smiling_face:, and I cannot hypnotize animals and I wouldn’t want to but I could work with the person.

Animals react to our emotional state and thoughts, so this is definitely the realm where hypnotherapy can yield great results.

Thank you and have a great day,
Maren

1 Like

Hello @MarenAba and welcome to the Community Forum. I just had a peruse of your profile, all looks good and I would just agree with @geoff.hom if you could add a couple more references maybe.
Whereabouts are you hoping to sit? :earth_americas::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Samox24 Thanks a lot, you are all very attentive. I appreciate that a lot.

I have already contacted 4 people, and one has already answered. So pleased. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As to whereabouts I am flexible. I think, Europe to start with, not too far from Germany, would be great.

2 Likes

@MarenAba I wish you the best of luck for your applications and happy travels! :blush:

1 Like