Introducing myself!

Hello! My name is Patricia, I have been a member of THS for over 3 years. I retired 5 years ago and wanted to travel economically. I heard about THS from a friend and as I love animals it sounded like a real fit! It has been the best thing I have ever done!
I started off with my first sit right in my hometown of Jacksonville Florida. After that I traveled to Scotland, England, Ireland, south Korea, Vietnam and Australia. I met wonderful people and lovely animals. The people I have sat for have become life long friends.
I am currently pet sitting just about an hour north of home in Amelia Island, Florida. A beautiful beautiful place with a lot of early history. I am caring for two dogs; Duke and Sophie for two months. The homeowner reached out to me through THS.
I plan to begin to travel internationally again in December. I will be in England caring for pets that will be repeat sits. I cared for the cats and dogs prior and consider the pet parents close friends. All of this through THS!
I have experienced pet owners hesitant to book sitters from outside their own countries. I think that will relax in the coming months.
All the best!

7 Likes

Hello hello and welcome @Patforcier. I can feel your energy and enthusiasm and I know how you feel. I am also from Florida, just did a great sit in Jax a couple of months ago. I retired in 2018 and am full timer and I LOVE IT!
Great to have you here. Please do share pics, stories, adventures and just say HI!

and I agree, THS is the cat’s meow!

5 Likes

Hi @Patforcier a very warm welcome to our community forum thank you for bringing some Florida sunshine to our forum today and thank you for a wonderful introduction into your TrustedHousesitters journey, so far … we will follow you story and live vicariously through your community posts.

Enjoy connecting with other members, sharing your stories and experiences.

Angela and the team

3 Likes

Hello and welcome Patricia - it’s good to see you here on the forum! You’ve had so many great experiences and long may this continue!!

2 Likes