Hi from Jacksonville FL

Hello everyone. I’m new to TH and to housesitting, although I have taken care of cats for friends for years. I just lost my four-legged companion who had been with me for 19 years. I so am looking forward to traveling again and meeting new 2-legged and 4-legged friends. In the beginning I think I will stick with the Southeast US, then will venture out to other exciting places as I get more used to sitting. I’m loving looking through other posts on the forum and seeing your adventures, excited to be joining in.

6 Likes

Hi @VeeR Welcome to the Forum. I am sorry to hear of you losing your pet of 19 years. They become like family members and the joy, smiles, and laughs, they bring is unmatched. I hope you will find joy and happiness (as most of us pet sitters have) that THS brings in caring for and spending time with pets.

2 Likes

Hi @VeeR welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters, I’m so sorry to hear about Pu’ukea, losing a beloved family member is heartbreaking at anytime and when a companion of 19 years leaves the void is profound but pet sitting can fill the void and help heal hearts, I know it happened to me … pet sitting put pet joy back into my life as it has for so may others. We are a pet loving community, first and foremost.

Can I make a suggestion about your profile and I’m sure this is in the plan, add some more photographs, especially of you with pets … as owners like to “see” the love and a picture says a thousand words.

Enjoy being here and do explore the forum there’s some great conversations happening.

Welcome again,

Angela and the Team

3 Likes