New Here But Want to Learn

Hello from Florida. I’m new here. I’m pursuing house sitting/ pet sitting. I didn’t realize such a group existed. I want to sit but I’m nervous to actually do it. I like to travel so this would be one way to do it without having to stay at hotels. It can get expensive. Give me your insights and guidance for a newbie who wants to explore something new.

6 Likes

Hi @haidee. Welcome to the community forum. It’s great to meet you. I’m glad you’ve jumped in and introduced yourself. Pet/house sitting is a wonderful way to travel. Getting to know a new area while staying in a home with pets to love and play with – nothing could be finer!

I’m officially from Destin, although I’m on the road most of the time. And we have other members in the area, too. What part of Florida are you from?

If you have any questions about becoming a TrustedHousesitters member, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Happy travels!

1 Like

Hi @haidee Welcome.
I think like anything new sitting for the first time can be a bit scary. Home owners getting their first sitter also can be nervous.
Maybe start more local that way you build up your confidence (and hopefully feedback) with any additional stress of travelling too far.
The key is to be honest and open with HO’s that you’re new and just trying to work everything out. I’d suggest you start applying for some sits.If you get any interest from your sit application arrange a video chat and ask questions. There’s a great thread on here of sitter questions.
I started as a newbie in mid May and wasn’t sure what to expect. Currently on my 6th sit.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Where in Florida are you? I’m in Ocala and have used THS for a couple of years now, mostly as a home owner, but some as a sitter.

Jacksonville

I was just browsing on what’s available in Ocala. I love that part of Florida. I’ve been to Destin on vacation. The water is beautiful.

Yep, I love the beaches on the pan-handle. I also love this area. We get some cooler weather, and hardly ever have any impact from hurricanes.

Welcome to Trustedhousesitters @haidee :hugs: if you love pets and traveling you sure came to the right place! How did you discover Trustedhousesitters? Here’s a blog with some helpful tips for first time sitters.

Hopefully this will help you feel more confident about your first sit! We have lots of friendly forum members who love to share travel and pet stories, tips, and advice. In fact here on the forum you can do all of this and much more:

Our team is here to help, so please don’t hesitate to send a message if you have any questions. Our community members help each other have unique travel experiences while keeping pets happy at home. We’re glad you’re part of the community.

All the best

3 Likes

Thank you @Julie_A .