Just chat…Autumn/Spring Splendor 2022

31st of August and early signs of Autumn beginning to display fiery passionate red.

Gypsy enjoying in her morning meditation

7 Likes

August 31, 2022 - no rain today, sun (for a change), temperature a couple of degrees higher. Boats ready to set sail. An early sign of spring? (Yes, please :wink: )

8 Likes

Beautiful :star_struck: what a masterpiece

2 Likes

What beautiful pics…and that kitty sure seems to enjoy as well!

2 Likes

Beautiful photos @Amparo but today 1 September is the first day of Spring here in Australia. A lovely day in Scarborough Queensland but still a bit chilly at 21 degrees. @RadarInc so glad to hear Melbourne wet weather has given you a break.

3 Likes

Show us your glory wherever you are in the world.

2 Likes

Love it! As I prepare to leave this half of the planet, I can’t help but giggle I will have Spring/Summer since March 2022 till April 2023.
Ain’t life grand?

3 Likes

Spring has def sprung!

:guitar::musical_keyboard::drum::saxophone::musical_note::musical_note::sunglasses: Happy campers after seeing Midnight Oil last night & seeing them again a few more times in the next week :+1::+1:. They didn’t sing our fave though Midnight Oil - Kosciusko (triple j Live At The Wireless - Goat Island 1985) - YouTube

3 Likes

cool! Rock it out Sis!

Not weather or music related but definitely hit the heartstrings, watched a flick on Prime last night, The Last Bus

OMG I loved every minute of it.
Wonderful memories of places…kindness from strangers.
Great for anyone who is dreaming of the UK but wow what a great film that depicts a good bit of what it’s like being a solo traveler and of course :uk:

and yeah, I cried :crying_cat_face:

4 Likes

Had a lovely storm this afternoon in SW France…I like to put down extra containers when it rains, to catch a little more rain water to use on plants later in the week. This was a shot from my very successful attempt!

1 Like

Yesterday, I watch an animated movie called ‘The Secret Life of Pets’…just a fun little movie. But my favourite part is the last 5 minutes, where the owners come home and their pets greet them - everyone with their own little ritual. It brought smiley tears to my eyes…

3 Likes

That’s a great movie @botvot. There’s also a sequel “The Secret Life of Pets 2” that is funny.

2 Likes

Me, my doggos and kitty are enjoying a very quiet rainy morning in beautiful South Carolina. Yes i am on my computer a lot as I take several online courses (an assortment of personal development, from language to scientific academics, of course at this point it’s all just for fun) and of course my dreamscape travel plans.
This week we have in home dog training sessions which was a riot. Though the dogs here are some of the best behaved dogs I have ever seen, they have their moments, gosh they are dogs :smiley: The trainer ran out of treats after 45 minutes and when they realized there was no more, they just said “see you, come back when you have more treats for us.” They are snuggled in their beds a the moment.

Miss Gypsy here is hands down queen of chill.
How long will you be in Singapore and where to next?

5 Likes

We’re in a small village in the hills of Tuscany with an adorable cat and fabulous forest walks. I have always loved being surrounded by trees. Nobody speaks English here. Although quite warm during the day it is cool at night so perfect! I found Singapore very hot when I was there but I guess you get used to the heat.

3 Likes

It is beautiful. I had a holiday in the ‘tourist’ towns of Tuscany many years ago and it is really interesting to see the traditional side now. That’s what I love about housesitting, staying in places that I would never have heard of before.

1 Like

I’ve been housesitting for almost 10 years but not full time, only for holidays. We are getting so many repeat visits that some years we may only choose one new one as we still go on other holidays too. I just joined the forum a couple of months ago but getting tired of the HO vs sitter arguments and having to defend ‘vacation’ sitters.

My 25/8 was great as I bought a fantastically discounted HH water and wind proof long outer shell coat for our 5 month UK trip in November. Can’t wait to try it out in just over 3 months.

2 Likes

:scream: I venture to the northern hemisphere in a month…

This weekend, running in Naseby(Otago) & thankfully no snow forecasted, perhaps just a bit coolish/windy :+1:.

2 Likes

Part of the highway between Labrador City and Quebec City. Half of it is dirt track, about 200km. Interesting day……

5 Likes

Today @Brigitte and I met up and spent a delightful afternoon chatting and getting to know each other. I love meeting wonderful pet sitters and owners in all the fabulous places I visit!

5 Likes