Just Had Another Cancellation 😭

Again! Sit cancelled as owners can’t travel :pleading_face:

Just posting in the hope of some sympathy…

2 Likes

Oh no! We’re so sorry!

tenor

4 Likes

Thank you! My post worked :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Saltrams that’s such a shame for both you and the owners, these are such unpredictable times.

I’ve had two recent local sit cancellations and have taken to addressing the issue in my application if it’s a sit within a month start date.

Given the prevailing situation, none of us can be 100% certain of arrangements going ahead which makes it even more important to have a plan B

@ScrewTheAverage … love your kind message, we are all in this together :pray::heartpulse:

2 Likes

Thank you @Provence - I’m over it now, just felt depressed yesterday when it happened.
I didn’t know the French “couvre feu’ but I love etymology & its great how the two words are so similar - say them out loud and they are nearly the same. And the meaning “cover of fire” is really a tragic simile of how we are living at the moment.

1 Like

Massive sympathy from us. Such a disappointment when it’s cancelled so late. Hope you manage to find something else for the same dates.

1 Like

So sorry for you, I know what it’s like. I sometimes wonder whether to bother applying atm and keep seeing some sits advertised that have been on the website for ages with a build up of applications. Even if owners travel in the UK it’s all precarious now too. I’m on only my second sit since returning from Oz in March (one week before lockdown) having had several cancelled also. Luckily I don’t have to rely on sits for accommodation so for those that do it’s a nightmare! Things will get better and hope you get a sit soon :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone; I’m lucky, we don’t rely on sits, we have a home so I’ve pulled myself together now :wink:

6 Likes

Oh :frowning: Hope you find another sit soon! :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Yep happened to us too! You’re not alone, sympathy coming your way! xx

2 Likes

I find that multiple video meetings with HO’s & a thorough video tour of their home helps me avoid types who would cancel. Look for a clean, organized home, messages that come in at decent hours, clear communication, enthusiasm for their trip & AT LEAST 2 reviews. Hope that helps! And…. I feel for you!!!

That does not sound very welcoming to new members