Konnichiwa (Hello) from New Mexico, USA

June 15, 2022 - Hello fellow travelers and pet lovers. I am new to TH.
My name is Mika I live in Albuquerque, NM USA. I have two German Shepards. I love all animals. I enjoy traveling, meeting new people, learning about new cultures and languages, making new friends. I certainly understand how difficult it can be to want to travel but concerned about our most loyal family members (our pets) and don’t want to leave them because it is not easy to entrust them to the care of someone else. I am sure if you are like me I have high expectation of how I need my family to be cared for. Due to the pandemic I lost my job and have not been able to recover. I currently work online and would love to travel. I look forward to meeting many of you. I am finding my way around if you have any helpful hints I would greatly appreciate it. Wishing everyone well.

Best,
Mika

5 Likes

Hello @MyamaguchiM8 and welcome to the forum and to TrustedHousesitters. The best way to find your way around the forum is to use the magnifying glass to search key words of topics that are of interest to you. This will lead you to posts that you can review.

The main website also has some great tools for information. You’ll find a help tab on the main toolbar there, and the blog (at the bottom of the main page) now also has a similar search bar to find blog posts relevant to you.

Happy reading :slightly_smiling_face: If you don’t find what you’re looking for, add a post to the forum and members will do their best to help.

Francine,
Volunteer Forum Moderator :canada:

4 Likes

Hi @MyamaguchiM8. Welcome to TrustedHousesitters and the forum. This is the place to be to learn the ins-and-outs of pet sitting, and, if you’re active on the forum, there’s a good chance you’ll make new friends and learn about other cultures, too. I’m glad to hear you’re working online. That pairs really well with travel pet sitting. Thanks for joining us.

3 Likes

Welcome to the TrustedHouseSitters community @MyamaguchiM8 !!! I love German Shepards, they are the best. There is a ton of information on this forum so I definitely recommend taking the time to read through some of the forum posts. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to your fellow forum members. We are all here to help and learn more. Welcome again, we can’t wait to hear about your first house sit!

Hi Mika

I have a german sheppherd / border colie puppy who is 11 months old, a 3 month old bengal / moggie (dad unknown). 2 white tree frogs, red tail shrimps and a 13 year old daughter.

We live in aldershot which is in herts…

I used to play sax and flute as well as other instruments but we live in a block of flats so instrument playing isnt so great for our neighbours…
I like to draw/paint,
Play games electronic or board games as weĺl as watch bands in gigs and festivals

I could tell you about a lot of places to go to in England.

I lived in London for the majority of my life but moved in lockdown.

So i dont know this area at all yet…but there is a pub that has live bands very near by.