Lag Time in Austin, TX

Hi friends! I’m coming to Austin for a monthlong housesit with some charming kitties. It’s my first time to visit Texas :smiley: and my friends have been inviting me since 2019, so I’m super happy for the opportunity.

The house is a small one-bedroom in the Skyview neighborhood, and I need to arrive before the owner leaves to get the full tutorial of the place and meet the cats. So, I’m looking for a place to stay for two or three nights, beginning April 6th.

If anyone can help me out, I’d be very grateful! I have a small budget to facilitate things, but I’ve already been on the road for seven months, so I’m getting into the penny-pinching phase of things.

About me: Canadian by birth, globalized by choice, age 32, female, generally unfussy and traveling very light. I do a lot of work under the “artist” umbrella, including music, writing, and festivals. I’m coming from Lake Atitlan in Guatemala.

Cheers, see you soon! – Rose

2 Likes

Hi @curiosity_roving
This sounds like a lovely sit.
Have you asked the owner if he/she can recommend somewhere? If not, I suggest that should be your first port of call. Then you say you’ve got friends in the area. What about them?
Good luck!

Hi @curiosity_roving I think you’ll really dig Austin it’s such a fun lively city. I do know of the Firehouse Hostel as being a very affordable option being around $25-45/night. I’m not sure if “dorm” style lodging is your thing but I’m quite certain if you can get a bed for your dates it’ll be the most affordable option in Austin and the chance to meet fellow travelers. Have a great time in Austin!

1 Like

Yes, thank you @Smiley - of course I have explored both of these options before posting here.

1 Like

Hello @curiosity_roving … how exciting! We both love Austin, it’s such a fun city and to be sharing your time there with some adorable kitties, even better! :cat::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Have a wonderful time! :slightly_smiling_face:

Google Austin hostels and Firehouse Hostel comes up. All female I think.