Looking for inspiration

Where to next?
This is the first time in almost ten years that I’m stomped for our winter travel plans. We usually head for the sun for three months but nothing is inspiring me at the moment.

3 Likes

We’re heading for Costa Rica if you want to hang out?! :sun_with_face: :palm_tree: :costa_rica:

2 Likes

We did a sit in a coastal town in rural Costa Rica two years ago. It did not go well. The pack of feral dogs curtailed our walks along the beach. It was their territory and they didn’t like strange dogs on it. The locals were no help either. They just thought it was funny and egged the feral dogs on. Not a happy sit.

Ouch! Not sure if we will sit yet or just travel but thanks for the heads up @ElsieDownie , there look like plenty of sits and across in Panama too. Thought you may have been already. How about Vietnam for winter??

I’m researching Vietnam. Panama was beyond belief. I would recommend it to everyone who likes to adventure

2 Likes

Which months? (winter in which hemisphere?) How about South Africa? We spent 5 months there for various reasons…ask if you need some input.

3 Likes

RSA is a great winter sun :sunny: call @botvot and Botswana and Namibia :+1:t3:

2 Likes

We just seek sun and warm weather. The UK is pretty grim over January and February. And I love spending Christmas on the beach.

We had a blast in the Phillipines. 5 weeks ago we were snorkeling with sea turtles and now we back stateside :frowning:

4 Likes

@Cuttlefish we love Costa Rica. Ticos are so nice and friendly over there. We had the best time at a hot springs resort there.

2 Likes

That’s another on my list. What part?

@ElsieDownie La Fortuna has the Tabacon Thermal Resort which has the best hot springs.

Thailand will definitely be high on my list when I start sitting - currently a HO in Sussex, definitely not great for the winter months😂

1 Like

We didn’t do a sit in Thailand but we were there for the month of December and the weather was terrific. Although things are cheap enough that in the future it will be worth it for our family to go again with or without a sit

1 Like