Many housesits in US?

I’m really only interested in housesitting in the US for the time being. Are there very many sits in the US available? Thanks for any feedback on this!

1 Like

Hi @Traveler99 if you go to the website and to the “Find a sit” page, search USA you will see how many listings there are and there’s a map showing where they are located … you can also filter by state and city etc.,

3 Likes

I’m looking for a sitter in the US but can’t seem to find any. Do you want to sit in Southern California?

Yes, there’s tons of house sits in the U.S. right now!

@MidnightSiren I have looked at your listing. You will read on the forum that sitters like to see the living areas they will be using inside the home - living room, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. I suggest you add those photos. Many sitters will not consider a listing if those are not shown.

2 Likes

It all depends on the area, the US is a huge country. The west coast is the main area that seems to have lots of sitting opportunities. Then North Carolina, New York and DC. Texas and the southern states are well established as well.
If like us you are looking for sits in Maine, New England and the north east states you will struggle. There are a few but not like California.
Canada is exactly the same. BC and the western Provinces are all very well catered for. While Newfoundland, Labrador and Nova Scotia are not.
There may be many reasons for this unbalanced state. I put it down to lack of exposure to the pet sitting for free concept and reluctance . Have you ever noticed there will be three or four sits in the same area advertised within 24 hours? It’s as if there’s been a get together and THS was a topic of conversation. We definitely need more parties to spread the word.

@Snowbird Thank you for the advise. I’ll get some more pictures up of the interior. Hopefully I can find a sitter in time.

1 Like

There are loads of sits in the US! So many I wish I could exclude the US from my results :rofl:

Depending on where you want to go, I am sure you will have lots of options.

1 Like

@ElsieDownie I’m always keeping an eye out for sits in Canada’s eastern provinces too. I especially love Prince Edward Island, and, living in Ontario, I’m always up for a last-minute road trip out east. Population in the eastern provinces plays a big part in it - NFLD, NS & NB are very sparsely populated compared to the bigger provinces like Ontario and BC. About 90% of Canadians live within 150 miles of the US border so there is a massive amount of barely populated space here!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this info, Elsie! This is very helpful.

1 Like